Kani2015

How Will Leave of Absence Affect Interview?

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello all, I hope everyone is staying safe during these difficult times. I have a 3 part question about my current job. I have not been highly satisfied with the job I am currently in. The original plan was to switch jobs as soon as my husband comes because I don't want switching jobs to interfere with him getting the visa, since it will look like I don't have a lot of experience at the new job. However, I'm starting to think about my options. If I were to take a paid leave of absence, in which I would still get paid monthly but only 60% of my normal paycheck, do you think this would affect my husband's interview and the CO's opinion of me being able to support my husband once he's here? Also, I have the same question about my option of taking a longer, but unpaid leave of absence. I would still be an employee at my job, just without the paychecks. My hope would be to live with my husband during these leaves of absence.

Lastly, do I even have an option of switching jobs at this point? I have been working at my current job for about 1.5 years now. I just would hate to have only a few months of job experience at a new job during the time my husband has his interview because I'm afraid it would negatively affect the outcome. 

I know no one can tell me for sure but I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these situations and can give me some advice? Thank you! 

Edited by Kani2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.