Subhan&Ram

Us consulte interview update 2020

21 posts in this topic

Hello vj members 

i need to ask all of you if anyone received interview mail from nvc after lockdown finished in ksa 

i heard that riyadh US embassy is working but don’t know if anyone recived any interview appointments 

I have received documents qualified mail from nvc on 29th of april and after that still waiting for interview date 

Thankx

•  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

NVC has not sent any petitions to embassies since they haven't been open. Petitions, if approved, are still sitting at NVC awaiting embassy openings. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

No update I’m waiting for my interview in Riyadh and I didn’t hear anything from NVC , and I email the embassy and they told me there suspend the service.

7 hours ago, Subhan&Ram said:

Man1234 when you email riyadh embassy? Yoi can share the screenshot pf their mail if possible??

Dear applicant,

As of March 22, 2020, the United States Embassy in Riyadh  is cancelling routine immigrant appointments.  We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. We regret inconvenience caused.

Regards,  

Immigrant Visa Unit

US Embassy Riyadh

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Folks, 

I have the same issue. I got documentarily qualified on May 20/2020 and still didn't hear back from NVC nor the embassy in Riyadh. I emailed the embassy, they said you have to wait for several months until your interview can be scheduled since the routine visa process is suspended and they still didn't receive my package from NVC. Does anyone have any idea when is the visa process will be resumed? 

Thanks

Still didn’t hear anything about riyadh embassy 

thats all depends on routine visa services 

I believe maybe when international flights operation resumed then maybe we can hear somthng from riyadh consulate 

goodluck to all of you who are waiting 

may Allah be. With us 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 6:59 PM, Subhan&Ram said:

Still didn’t hear anything about riyadh embassy 

thats all depends on routine visa services 

I believe maybe when international flights operation resumed then maybe we can hear somthng from riyadh consulate 

goodluck to all of you who are waiting 

may Allah be. With us 

Hi,

im waiting for my interview in Riyadh , but my case is still at NVC and I try to contact the embassy and they said it’s still suspended until now , And they told me it will take months before any date will be booked , I’m waiting sense May for my interview 

On 7/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, Ali Otaibi said:

Hello Folks, 

I have the same issue. I got documentarily qualified on May 20/2020 and still didn't hear back from NVC nor the embassy in Riyadh. I emailed the embassy, they said you have to wait for several months until your interview can be scheduled since the routine visa process is suspended and they still didn't receive my package from NVC. Does anyone have any idea when is the visa process will be resumed? 

Thanks

I’m having the same issue , I’m approved 22 May from NVC and my package is still at NVC , they told me what don’t know will the service will be back , and it will take months but I don’t know what mean months , it’s been months now already !! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys, same here. We got DQ on March 10th but no update since then. Our case is still at NVC as per CEAC. Good thing for us is, I am stuck outside KSA due to travel restrictions and even if they arranged interview, I would not have been able to attend. My guess is unless Saudi resumes international flights there will not be any movement int terms of interview. Reason being, US embassy Riyadh is still arranging repatriation flights for the American citizen even in the month of August and recently i.e. 26th January this was on their website i.e. https://sa.usembassy.gov

On June 26, 2020, the Department of State authorized the voluntary departure of non-emergency U.S. personnel and family members from the U.S. Mission to Saudi Arabia, which is comprised of the Embassy in Riyadh and the Consulates General in Jeddah and Dhahran, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Also, the embassy still showing the banner on its home page saying urgent message for visa applicants: Postponement of Appointments

So I guess there is nothing anyone can do except sit tight and just hope things go back to normal.

11 hours ago, man1234 said:

Hi,

im waiting for my interview in Riyadh , but my case is still at NVC and I try to contact the embassy and they said it’s still suspended until now , And they told me it will take months before any date will be booked , I’m waiting sense May for my interview 

Really? Still suspended? On their website, it says they are currently processing spousal visas. So I'm hoping they are resuming services 

29 minutes ago, gabriella121 said:

Really? Still suspended? On their website, it says they are currently processing spousal visas. So I'm hoping they are resuming services 

Yes !! This is what they told me when I emailed them , and I’m Spouse of US citizen but still i

will have to wait for months until they schedule my interview,, I think they will resume after flight operate not sure , I didn’t see this they are conducting visa for spousal can you plz send me the link 

Edited by man1234

6 minutes ago, man1234 said:

Yes !! This is what they told me when I emailed them , and I’m Spouse of US citizen but still i

will have to wait for months until they schedule my interview,, I think they will resume after flight operate not sure , I didn’t see this they are conducting visa for spousal can you plz send me the link 

Here is the link- https://sa.usembassy.gov/visas/

"

The Department of State suspended routine visa services worldwide in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh and the Consulates General in Dhahran and Jeddah cancelled associated visa appointments.  In addition, on June 26, the Department of State authorized the voluntary departure of non-emergency U.S. Mission personnel and all Mission family members due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  The visa units are operating with reduced staff.

The resumption of routine visa services will occur on a post-by-post basis.  The Embassy and Consulates General have continued to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services since March and will continue to do so as they are able.  Our visa services website has current information on nonimmigrant visas.

Immigrant visa applicants subject to Presidential Proclamation 10014 should request an appointment only if you have reason to believe you may qualify for one of the exceptions in the Proclamation.  Applicants applying as a returning resident (SB-1) or fiancé(e) (K-1 visa) are not being processed at this time except on an emergency basis.  If your case is still at the National Visa Center (NVC), it will be scheduled and sent to the Embassy for further processing as soon as NVC completes its preprocessing of the case and visa interview appointments are available.  We cannot accept local filing of immigrant petitions at this time nor provide most other services on behalf of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

If your case falls into one of the categories identified above, and you do not have reason to believe you may qualify for one of the exceptions listed in  Presidential Proclamation 10014 and/or you do not have an emergency, please do not contact us at this time so that we can use our limited resources to increase visa services.

Current immigrant visa services include processing visas for the spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens whose cases the National Visa Center (NVC) has already sent to post, healthcare professionals whose cases NVC has already sent to post, and visa re-issuances.  Appointments will be made available subject to local conditions and our staffing levels.

We anticipate resuming services gradually as conditions allow.  Any changes to services will be announced here."

Note the line about currently processing spousal visas. Even if they are, I'm going to assume it will take at least 5 months for my husband (DQ in July) to get a date. The note about the spousal visas was not on their website as of 2 weeks ago (i check constantly) so i hope that's good news!

1 hour ago, gabriella121 said:

27 minutes ago, gabriella121 said:

Here is the link- https://sa.usembassy.gov/visas/

"

The Department of State suspended routine visa services worldwide in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh and the Consulates General in Dhahran and Jeddah cancelled associated visa appointments.  In addition, on June 26, the Department of State authorized the voluntary departure of non-emergency U.S. Mission personnel and all Mission family members due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  The visa units are operating with reduced staff.

The resumption of routine visa services will occur on a post-by-post basis.  The Embassy and Consulates General have continued to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services since March and will continue to do so as they are able.  Our visa services website has current information on nonimmigrant visas.

Immigrant visa applicants subject to Presidential Proclamation 10014 should request an appointment only if you have reason to believe you may qualify for one of the exceptions in the Proclamation.  Applicants applying as a returning resident (SB-1) or fiancé(e) (K-1 visa) are not being processed at this time except on an emergency basis.  If your case is still at the National Visa Center (NVC), it will be scheduled and sent to the Embassy for further processing as soon as NVC completes its preprocessing of the case and visa interview appointments are available.  We cannot accept local filing of immigrant petitions at this time nor provide most other services on behalf of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

If your case falls into one of the categories identified above, and you do not have reason to believe you may qualify for one of the exceptions listed in  Presidential Proclamation 10014 and/or you do not have an emergency, please do not contact us at this time so that we can use our limited resources to increase visa services.

Current immigrant visa services include processing visas for the spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens whose cases the National Visa Center (NVC) has already sent to post, healthcare professionals whose cases NVC has already sent to post, and visa re-issuances.  Appointments will be made available subject to local conditions and our staffing levels.

We anticipate resuming services gradually as conditions allow.  Any changes to services will be announced here."

Note the line about currently processing spousal visas. Even if they are, I'm going to assume it will take at least 5 months for my husband (DQ in July) to get a date. The note about the spousal visas was not on their website as of 2 weeks ago (i check constantly) so i hope that's good news!

Yes they send me this

‘’ To be fair to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that the cases complete processing at the NVC ‘’ 

and I’m DQ  22 May and other memebers in March and they didn’t yet get interview , so I’m guessing I will wait minimum additional 2 month , or more not sure I will update you , wish we are keep in touch and updates each other 

8 minutes ago, man1234 said:

Yes they send me this

‘’ To be fair to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that the cases complete processing at the NVC ‘’ 

and I’m DQ  22 May and other memebers in March and they didn’t yet get interview , so I’m guessing I will wait minimum additional 2 month , or more not sure I will update you , wish we are keep in touch and updates each other 

Sure! Good luck to you! For me, I'm going to assume we won't get our interview date until Christmas time. I hope you get yours sooner! Good luck with everything! The process is a pain, but not much we can in the meantime besides work and save money :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.