remotercharm

Any people waiting for k1 interviews separated?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys,

I suppose it's nice and also not nice seeing other people have to go through this. My last visit to the US to see my partner was Feb and we are both pulling our hair out waiting for the visa processing to get going again.

With regards to your flight you have booked it seems that only BA is running the service we need from chicago to london then London to glasgow. Does anyone know how we can avoid passing through immigration and having to spend the 14day isolation down their. BA just keep saying it will be ok if she stays airside but how do we make sure of that. We obviously want to hold off so she can catch the domestic flight and pass through in glasgow.

Anyone who has been or is coming to the uk soon and knows how these restrictions are implemented any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jessica & Karl said:

March was last time for us, but Jess has a flight to visit me in the UK in a couple of weeks. 🥳  

After reading how many of you have had much much longer apart than us, we feel very fortunate now that it's "only" been 3 ish months.  Let's all hope this travel ban stuff and K1 processing gets sorted soon!

On a side note, have any of you had to cancel wedding arrangements?  We have one booked for 24th October, did you have to forfeit deposits? Did insurance cover it? Trying to have our options in place *just in case*.

Nice, I'm pretty hesitant to fly over to the UK 😕

We always planned to elope so we haven't spent anything.  I think our only cost will be the marriage license.  We are doing a "self uniting marriage" in DC so won't even need a officiant.   Really glad now, as I can't deal with any more stress!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ross Warden said:

With regards to your flight you have booked it seems that only BA is running the service we need from chicago to london then London to glasgow. Does anyone know how we can avoid passing through immigration and having to spend the 14day isolation down their. BA just keep saying it will be ok if she stays airside but how do we make sure of that. We obviously want to hold off so she can catch the domestic flight and pass through in glasgow.

Anyone who has been or is coming to the uk soon and knows how these restrictions are implemented any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard that what BA are saying is true, that you don't need to quarantine if you are in transit.  I don't think they can't enforce the quarantine if you leave anyway.  Although I don't know the rules for Scotland. 

Timeline

@remotercharm we planned on just a quick courthouse wedding within the 90 days to get the AOS started. Then had the celebration planned for around the 11 month mark from filing the petition, just in case it took longer than expected. Who would have guessed we'd be looking at possibly missing even that mark!  There is no way most of my friends and family will be travelling from the UK now too.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ross Warden said:

Hey guys,

I suppose it's nice and also not nice seeing other people have to go through this. My last visit to the US to see my partner was Feb and we are both pulling our hair out waiting for the visa processing to get going again.

I am also looking at the flight from DC -> London -> Glasgow.  You would quarantine at your final destination, not London.  Suggest you go over the rules: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules

Timeline

No worries got it in writing from BA this morning via their customer services that as long as you transit within the airport I.e. not out then back through security it would be fine to do an international then domestic flight 

Timeline

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/world/europe/europe-us-travel-ban.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Saw this article today that bans europe from the EU.  My first impression is that this does not apply to countries outside the schengen zone but then i saw this:

Britain, despite having left the E.U., is still being considered part of the bloc until year’s end, and so was not part of the discussion over outside visitors.

A detailed guide of criteria shared among diplomats and reviewed this week by The New York Times said that the list should include only countries with a “comparable or better epidemiological situation as the average in the E.U.+ area,” and that the data from those countries must be credible and demonstrate a robust system for containing the virus.

The term “E.U.+” refers to the European Union plus Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, which do not belong to the E.U. but are normally part of its open-borders zone.

Are we allowed in with 2 week quarantine or not now?

Edited by remotercharm

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, remotercharm said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/world/europe/europe-us-travel-ban.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Saw this article today that bans europe from the EU.  My first impression is that this does not apply to countries outside the schengen zone but then i saw this:

Are we allowed in with 2 week quarantine or not now?

Yes, I believe so.  If you go to this site - https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm. and double click on UK (or any country), on the right it shows the restrictions - 14 day quarantine.  I also called the airline and they said it was fine as well.  On Wednesday I fly out to Chicago, then to Heathrow, so I will update everyone on the new international traveling process during Covid times. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 6/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, Ermehgerdd said:

I hadn't seen my fiance since January. Our interview was scheduled for March 23rd and was obviously canceled, as was my trip to London with him during that time.  Not knowing when we were going to see each next these past several months has been horrible.  I ended up flying out there for 15 days on June 6th and stayed holed up in the house with him. Was wholly worth it, and thankfully no one got sick.  I am now back home in the U.S. carrying out another 14 day quarantine and crossing my fingers the London Embassy changes its stance on K1 Visas in time for our newly scheduled date of July 30th.  

If your circumstances allow you to go visit for over 2 weeks, go for it! 

I'm in the exact same situation. I had my medical on the 18th March and had my Visa interview on the 23rd March. Haven't seen my fiance since January either. I just wondered if you could shed any more light on some queries I have (that the embassy is no help in solving). 

• The medical I had on the 18th March, will that still expire in the same 6 month time period as mentioned when I had it? I really don't want to have to pay for a new medical should my August interview be pushed back any further. 
  • Does Trump's immigration ban apply to K1 Visas? Can't seem to get a straight answer on this. Or is the travel ban that's holding stuff up? Or is it an issue on the UK side?
  • Have you had any update on the rescheduled visa interview for July 30th? I haven't heard a peep about mine that was scheduled for the 4th August. 
  • I'm really struggling to get real information surrounding this (and as others said, its so hard to think straight when your life is upside down). Do you know anywhere to receive factual information as the embassy website just isn't useful to be honest.

Hope you can help me out but no worries if not. Hope everything works out for you and our fiance!

Timeline
3 hours ago, CharliePrice said:

The medical I had on the 18th March, will that still expire in the same 6 month time period as mentioned when I had it?

Does Trump's immigration ban apply to K1 Visas? Can't seem to get a straight answer on this. Or is the travel ban that's holding stuff up? Or is it an issue on the UK side?

Have you had any update on the rescheduled visa interview for July 30th? 

Do you know anywhere to receive factual information?

1.) I haven't heard anything about exceptions to the six-month validity of the exam, so my assumption is you would have to have another medical if yours expires before your interview.

2.) There is no explicit "immigration ban" that applies to K1 visas. Despite London Embassy originally voting PP 10014 as the reason it canceled our K1 interview, they have since clarified that they canceled it due to routine visa services being suspended and PP 9996. Another user recently requested an emergency expedited interview and the LND denied it citing the travel ban.

3.) We've received no update. Have you contacted your state reps yet?

4.) The website, London Embassy social media channels, the State Department website and social media channels. There is a lot of helpful, anecdotal information in these forums many times, too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ermehgerdd said:

1.) I haven't heard anything about exceptions to the six-month validity of the exam, so my assumption is you would have to have another medical if yours expires before your interview.

2.) There is no explicit "immigration ban" that applies to K1 visas. Despite London Embassy originally voting PP 10014 as the reason it canceled our K1 interview, they have since clarified that they canceled it due to routine visa services being suspended and PP 9996. Another user recently requested an emergency expedited interview and the LND denied it citing the travel ban.

3.) We've received no update. Have you contacted your state reps yet?

4.) The website, London Embassy social media channels, the State Department website and social media channels. There is a lot of helpful, anecdotal information in these forums many times, too.

Thank you for your response. We just had notification of the Visa appointment being cancelled for the 4th august. No timeframe of when it will be rescheduled. I think 2020 will be a write off for Visas now. 

Such an unfortunate time for a pandemic to strike. 

Hope everything works out for us all :)

Timeline

Now that August appointment has been cancelled, we are definitely looking to meet somewhere now.  We will probably meet in Mexico and stay for however long and maybe come to the US after that (since he will have been two weeks out of the UK).  Things change so quickly so who knows, but definitely not waiting around for the visa.

• 5 months later...

We have not seen each other since 2019 September, so over a year now. I stayed in the UK to take care of the visa and work/family commitments, and was supposed to move in 2020 spring. Of course, we had no idea what a long and tough year 2020 would be. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.