9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i have some questions about filling I-134. Can anybody help me on it?

1. Part 2/Information about the Beneficiary A-number: Is this the number on right upper corner of 797 Notice?

2. Part 3/Income and Assets Information: If i have enough income, do i have to fill real estate(i have my own house)?

3. Part 3/Dependant's Information: If my finace also has income in China, should i fill  "wholly depend on me" or "partially depend on me"?

4. Part 3/Other Information about sponsor/Previously submitted affidavit support for the persons: I applied PR for my parents 6 years ago and they have been PR for many years. But they went back to China a year ago and don't have plan to come back. Do i still have to fill their information?

5. Part 3/Other information about sponsor/visa petition submitted to USCIS on behalf of the persons: Should i fill my parents' information? it's already a done case. I also submitted visa application for my sister 6 years ago and still waiting on the line because it will normally take 10-11 years. should i fill in all her family member names?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ELLENH said:

i have some questions about filling I-134. Can anybody help me on it?

1. Part 2/Information about the Beneficiary A-number: Is this the number on right upper corner of 797 Notice?

2. Part 3/Income and Assets Information: If i have enough income, do i have to fill real estate(i have my own house)?

3. Part 3/Dependant's Information: If my finace also has income in China, should i fill  "wholly depend on me" or "partially depend on me"?

4. Part 3/Other Information about sponsor/Previously submitted affidavit support for the persons: I applied PR for my parents 6 years ago and they have been PR for many years. But they went back to China a year ago and don't have plan to come back. Do i still have to fill their information?

5. Part 3/Other information about sponsor/visa petition submitted to USCIS on behalf of the persons: Should i fill my parents' information? it's already a done case. I also submitted visa application for my sister 6 years ago and still waiting on the line because it will normally take 10-11 years. should i fill in all her family member names?

1. The alien number starts with the letter "A" but I'm unsure exactly where it is on the document.

2. If you have enough income you do not need to list assets

4. Yes you have to list your parents. Even if they died you need to list them because you previously submitted affidavits for them. 

5. Yes list your parents information as well as your sister.

Don't forgot you have to now have to show income to support 4 people and not 2 unless your parents officially relinquished their green card. Just because they "left and aren't coming back" doesn't cut it. Also when your sisters petition is approved you will then need to show income for 5 people (or more if you have kids)

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
3 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

1. The alien number starts with the letter "A" but I'm unsure exactly where it is on the document.

2. If you have enough income you do not need to list assets

4. Yes you have to list your parents. Even if they died you need to list them because you previously submitted affidavits for them. 

5. Yes list your parents information as well as your sister.

Don't forgot you have to now have to show income to support 4 people and not 2 unless your parents officially relinquished their green card. Just because they "left and aren't coming back" doesn't cut it. Also when your sisters petition is approved you will then need to show income for 5 people (or more if you have kids)

Thanks for your reply. Regarding application for  my sister's family, i submitted 6 years ago and is still waiting on the line. It normally need another 4-5 years to know if it's approved or not. so i didn't submit any affidivate support for her family yet. Based on my understanding, i only need to fill in my parents' information for affidivate support. But for visa application, I should fill in both my parents and my sister's family's information. Correct?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ELLENH said:

Thanks for your reply. Regarding application for  my sister's family, i submitted 6 years ago and is still waiting on the line. It normally need another 4-5 years to know if it's approved or not. so i didn't submit any affidivate support for her family yet. Based on my understanding, i only need to fill in my parents' information for affidivate support. But for visa application, I should fill in both my parents and my sister's family's information. Correct?

You don't have to add you sister to the affidavit of support since you haven't gotten to that step yet ; so yes you are correct only your parents info for affidavit of support. Yes- for visa application add both parents and sister to that. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Timeline
1 hour ago, Luckycuds said:

You don't have to add you sister to the affidavit of support since you haven't gotten to that step yet ; so yes you are correct only your parents info for affidavit of support. Yes- for visa application add both parents and sister to that. 

Thanks. One more question--since i submitted affidavit support for my parents many years ago. really don't remember the exact affidivait support submission date. what should i do ?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ELLENH said:

Thanks. One more question--since i submitted affidavit support for my parents many years ago. really don't remember the exact affidivait support submission date. what should i do ?

Do you have any of their old documents you can browse through?  Saved a copy of what you sent? Do you remember the month and year (if so I would just put the day as the 1st)?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Do you have any of their old documents you can browse through?  Saved a copy of what you sent? Do you remember the month and year (if so I would just put the day as the 1st)?

i only have the document of when i submitted the application for the visa. Didn't save affidivate submission document. Never think about i will use it in the future

By the way, do you have answer for my question #3?

*~*~*procedural question moved from “progress reports” to “process and procedures”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Does anybody know if petitioner lost job right before beneficiary's interview, is it workable for petitioner only sumbitting bank statements and house deed as financial support?

Is it helpful if beneficiary also has bank account in USA? Should petitioner to fill partial dependent on I-134?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.