Sarah_k92

Not received NOA/18 month extension letter

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I guess I am just looking for some support during this difficult time of I-751 application. I filed on April 17th And my case currently states Fingerprints have been applied to case. Excellent! Whilst that is all well, I did not receive my NOA/18 month extension. I am 42 days over! 
I have tried everything- Calling customer service, emailed lockbox support (5) times and put in an inquiry which resulted in emailing lockbox 🙄. I can not submit another inquiry for another 30 days (June 17th) I spoke to a tier 2 officer today who mentioned scheduling an appointment to get the stamp on my passport when offices reopen next week. He also admitted they had failed to send my NOA, so it was their error. I’m not sure if this stamp even counts for the entire 18 month extension? Can I use this to renew my DL? It’s all so confusing and my head is spinning with all this up and down. I just want a copy of my NOA and I feel like I’m running in circles. Has anyone gone through this avenue?! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Hi guys, 

I guess I am just looking for some support during this difficult time of I-751 application. I filed on April 17th And my case currently states Fingerprints have been applied to case. Excellent! Whilst that is all well, I did not receive my NOA/18 month extension. I am 42 days over! 
I have tried everything- Calling customer service, emailed lockbox support (5) times and put in an inquiry which resulted in emailing lockbox 🙄. I can not submit another inquiry for another 30 days (June 17th) I spoke to a tier 2 officer today who mentioned scheduling an appointment to get the stamp on my passport when offices reopen next week. He also admitted they had failed to send my NOA, so it was their error. I’m not sure if this stamp even counts for the entire 18 month extension? Can I use this to renew my DL? It’s all so confusing and my head is spinning with all this up and down. I just want a copy of my NOA and I feel like I’m running in circles. Has anyone gone through this avenue?! 

I received my letter 3 months after they processed my case. By then I already got a stamp (after making an appointment), for which you will most likely need to provide proof that you need it - like plain tickets or a letter from work requesting it. You will definitely be able to get your DL with the stamp, and I think that would be a reason enough to get an appointment. Only one way to find out.

7 minutes ago, DoodlesLife said:

I received my letter 3 months after they processed my case. By then I already got a stamp (after making an appointment), for which you will most likely need to provide proof that you need it - like plain tickets or a letter from work requesting it. You will definitely be able to get your DL with the stamp, and I think that would be a reason enough to get an appointment. Only one way to find out.

Thank goodness I’m not alone! Thanks for responding. I’m currently in the April filers and we all haven’t received our NOA and so far only a few have got copies from USCIS inquiries. I am the only (that I know of) who has been told

to get a stamp. I’ll go forward to get it then. How long is your stamp valid for? I’m also hoping mine will turn up when they get to my email at lockbox. 

Edited by Sarah_k92

Timeline
Just now, Sarah_k92 said:

Thank goodness I’m not alone! Thanks for responding. I’m currently in the April filers and we all haven’t received our NOA and so far only a few have revived copies. I am the only (that I know of) who has been told

to get a stamp. I’ll go forward to get it then. How long is your stamp valid for? I’m also hoping mine will turn up when they get to my email at lockbox. 

The first few were for 6 months, then they started giving it to me for a year. 

Just now, DoodlesLife said:

The first few were for 6 months, then they started giving it to me for a year. 

If you got your letter at some point, would you need to continue to get the stamp each time? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

If you got your letter at some point, would you need to continue to get the stamp each time? 

Nope! You can use the letter by itself until it expires. I believe on the letter itself it states that it serves as proof of residency.

1 minute ago, DoodlesLife said:

Nope! You can use the letter by itself until it expires. I believe on the letter itself it states that it serves as proof of residency.

Thanks so much! I guess it’s good for me to get it as I’ll be covered to renew DL ect in July. Then wait for a copy of my letter in the mean time. 

It’s annoying as it was their error and I have to go around in circle trying to fix it. 

But I really appreciate this! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Thanks so much! I guess it’s good for me to get it as I’ll be covered to renew DL ect in July. Then wait for a copy of my letter in the mean time. 

It’s annoying as it was their error and I have to go around in circle trying to fix it. 

But I really appreciate this! 

No problem! I hope you won’t need to keep getting the stamp after the letter expires. Unlike me 😅

2 minutes ago, DoodlesLife said:

No problem! I hope you won’t need to keep getting the stamp after the letter expires. Unlike me 😅

Who knows!! So far April and May Filers have no NOA and USCIS is not acknowledging it... or is so backlogged to even get to us. We are all so confused and stressed. We are trying everything to get that letter! I’m the first one to be told to call back next week for an appointment to just get the stamp. So I’m just like Huh?! I just want to make sure that even though I get this stamp, I get my letter too. 

we will see...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.