Xelor

URGENT: Gna book a flight tmrw and I need to know if there is anything that I could be refused entry to the US for

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an F4 immigrant visa. My mom already went to the US but she isn't there right now. She is an LPR and has received her green card and her passport is stamped.

I want to go alone to America through France now because my immigrant visa will expire on June 18, and my mom doesn't want to risk getting coronavirus, so she will stay here for the time being.

According to the trump proclamation, the proclamation doesn't apply to:

(v) any alien who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

The ticket I want to book is Beirut-France-New York. But the layover in France does not involve checking my baggage. I just stay in the transit area without passing through immigration. Will I be considered to have been in the Schengen Area? And if Yes, according to the trump proclamation, shouldn't I be excluded eitherway since my mom is a US resident? I'm 17 btw.

I called the CBP multiple times. One told me to review the proclamation. One told me I'm good to go just get a photocopy of my Mom's green card and her passport. Another one told me that it is based on the discretion of the CBP

What do you guys think? Is there anything that I could be refused entry for?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Only USC are guaranteed entry. Everyone else, including green card holders, are subject to a CBP officer's decision.

That said, green card holders normally don't get turned around at POE but I don't think anyone here can tell you for sure what kind of questions/procedures you might be subject to, even because CBP has access to your (and your mother's) immigration history and we don't, for one. 

17 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Only USC are guaranteed entry. Everyone else, including green card holders, are subject to a CBP officer's decision.

That said, green card holders normally don't get turned around at POE but I don't think anyone here can tell you for sure what kind of questions/procedures you might be subject to, even because CBP has access to your (and your mother's) immigration history and we don't, for one. 

Ok, thanks. I'm not a green card holder by the way, but an immigrant visa holder. My mom is the green card holder. But she won't accompany me. I'll have to bring a birth certificate and a photocopy of her green card + stamped passport to prove that she is an LPR and my mom.

Edited by Xelor

18 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Another question, since I'll be going through France but I'll stay in transit, not get my bags, and won't enter Schengen area, how would CBP officials even know I was in France? It won't be stamped on my passport. I technically wouldn't have entered the Schengen area.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Xelor said:

Another question, since I'll be going through France but I'll stay in transit, not get my bags, and won't enter Schengen area, how would CBP officials even know I was in France? It won't be stamped on my passport. I technically wouldn't have entered the Schengen area.

Other than they will know the origin of your arriving flight

YMMV

5 minutes ago, Xelor said:

True, lol. Is there any guidance that talks about layovers?

The EO covers anybody who has been in those countries. The airports are in the country.

I would look at flights that do not go through the banned countries.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.