Neickers

N400 BIOMETRICS

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

The offices have been closed since March ... no one has received a biometrics Appointment..

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

4 hours ago, BBlueB said:

Oath ceremonies are being scheduled for some locations. Any interviews being scheduled yet?

I think they need to be more careful with interviews. You’re in an enclosed office with your interviewer for maybe half an hour, the tablet you use for reading /writing/signing etc is used by all the other applicants that day, as is the chair you sit in, etc. it’s a bit different from a ceremony where (from reports of the ones that have recently been held) they can do it quickly with minimal actual exposure person to person.

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

I think they need to be more careful with interviews. You’re in an enclosed office with your interviewer for maybe half an hour, the tablet you use for reading /writing/signing etc is used by all the other applicants that day, as is the chair you sit in, etc. it’s a bit different from a ceremony where (from reports of the ones that have recently been held) they can do it quickly with minimal actual exposure person to person.

Yeah, that's right. Just hoping they're working on something :)

4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

that's actually a good point. I think the future of interviews need to follow the same approach that the visa interview happens in the US embassies. 

Meaning there is a glass between the interviewer and the applicant stands up while being interviewed. 

Here is a note from USCIS today in CNN:

According to the announcement, measures to make the workplace safe for employees will include physical barriers to aid in socially distancing, limiting how many people are permitted in an office at any given time and requiring face coverings.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/politics/uscis-furlough-employees-congress-funding/index.html

Edited by Thelord

43 minutes ago, Thelord said:

that's actually a good point. I think the future of interviews need to follow the same approach that the visa interview happens in the US embassies. 

Meaning there is a glass between the interviewer and the applicant stands up while being interviewed. 

Here is a note from USCIS today in CNN:

According to the announcement, measures to make the workplace safe for employees will include physical barriers to aid in socially distancing, limiting how many people are permitted in an office at any given time and requiring face coverings.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/politics/uscis-furlough-employees-congress-funding/index.html

There are people for whom standing for half an hour or more is going to be problematic. And visa interviews are not private as a general rule, whereas uscis ones are. 

Just now, SusieQQQ said:

There are people for whom standing for half an hour or more is going to be problematic. And visa interviews are not private as a general rule, whereas uscis ones are. 

I remember in the embassy they had handicapped section too where one can sit during the interview. So that's not big trouble to implement. 

They can let in one person at the time. I have seen in some embassies the interview room which was very small just had two spots and the rest of people were waiting outside of that room until their number showed up on the screen. 

Anyways they had basically 2.5 months to figure these out in their offices.

2 hours ago, Thelord said:

I remember in the embassy they had handicapped section too where one can sit during the interview. So that's not big trouble to implement. 

They can let in one person at the time. I have seen in some embassies the interview room which was very small just had two spots and the rest of people were waiting outside of that room until their number showed up on the screen. 

Anyways they had basically 2.5 months to figure these out in their offices.

Yeah that’s basically the current uscis office setup anyway ....that was my point 

9 minutes ago, Malik16 said:

Just wondering if anyone  get  Biometrics scheduled? 

Unfortunately it seems ASCs will reopen later than 4 June ...

Beginning June 4, 2020, certain USCIS field offices and asylum offices will resume non-emergency face-to-face services to the public. Application support centers will resume services later.” 
https://www.uscis.gov

5 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Unfortunately it seems ASCs will reopen later than 4 June ...

Beginning June 4, 2020, certain USCIS field offices and asylum offices will resume non-emergency face-to-face services to the public. Application support centers will resume services later.” 
https://www.uscis.gov

June 4? we're almost there...

Hopefully they figured out some ways to move forward with interviews and biometrics

1 hour ago, BBlueB said:

Hopefully they figured out some ways to move forward with interviews and biometrics

Yeah lets hope so, I mean I figured that them doing the Oath ceremonies, Biometrics. I submitted my N400 April 15 so hopefully when they do open it runs smooth

2 hours ago, BBlueB said:

Yes but the point of the quote I extracted was that they said “Application support centers will resume services later.” with no indication of when that “later” might be.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.