Lara Rebecca

I-130 and I-129F?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys,

first of all thank you so much for all of your replies to my first question.

Well... my husband and I finally got married on June 4th, so I couldnt be happier... except for that I miss him like hell!

I have a new question now. We decided to apply for the K3 Visa. I see that all of you sent in the I-130 fírst and then a bit later the I-129F. Why is that so? Cant I send these two forms in together? What other forms would I need? And do I have to sign them aswell, or just my husband (he is applying for it)?

I cant wait to get all of that started. I will have to take some passport pics on wednesday and send those to my husband... after that we will finally start the whole process!

Thanks again so much!

Lara

April 5th, 2006: Met the love of my life in Frankfurt

September 10th, 2006: Scott proposed to me

June 4th, 2007: We got married!

August 31st, 2007: Sent out I-129F and I-130

9c89ab.jpg.png

Hey guys,

Well... my husband and I finally got married on June 4th, so I couldnt be happier... except for that I miss him like hell!

I have a new question now. We decided to apply for the K3 Visa. I see that all of you sent in the I-130 fírst and then a bit later the I-129F. Why is that so? Cant I send these two forms in together? What other forms would I need? And do I have to sign them aswell, or just my husband (he is applying for it)?

I cant wait to get all of that started. I will have to take some passport pics on wednesday and send those to my husband... after that we will finally start the whole process!

Thanks again so much!

Lara

Congratulations on the marriage! No, you can not send I-130 and I-129F. In order to send I-129F, you need a proof that I-130 has been filed prior to I-129F. Please read the guides, it will answer all your questions, plus reading guides will help you get familiarize with the processes. The petitioner (your husband)has to sign I-130 and I-129F, and one set of G-325A for I-130 as well as one set of G-325A for I-129F. The beneficiary (you) has to sign one set of G-325A for I-130 as well as one set of G-325A for I-129F.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey guys,

Thanks again so much!

Lara

Please start by studying the guides and read the instructions on the forms. Then you'll have some basis for asking good questions. The problem with skipping the basics is that you are likely to skip some important questions.

The answers to your questions above are in the instructions that come with the forms.

Yes, your husband will need to sign a few times and those signatures must be original. A total of eight signatures in the petition end of the process, if I recall correctly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hey guys,

Thanks again so much!

Lara

Congratulations on the marriage! No, you can not send I-130 and I-129F. In order to send I-129F, you need a proof that I-130 has been filed prior to I-129F. Please read the guides, it will answer all your questions, plus reading guides will help you get familiarize with the processes. The petitioner (your husband)has to sign I-130 and I-129F, and one set of G-325A for I-130 as well as one set of G-325A for I-129F. The beneficiary (you) has to sign one set of G-325A for I-130 as well as one set of G-325A for I-129F.

The beneficiary doesn't sign the I-130 or I-129F. We do have at least one member reporting recent success in filing the petitions in the same package. Yes, please study the guides and forms to familiarize yourself with the process. You'll have some time to make filing decisions while you're getting your husband's signatures.

See a recent thread with a link to a fillable and savable G325a. This could expedite your signature acquisition significantly.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hey guys,

Thanks again so much!

Lara

The beneficiary doesn't sign the I-130 or I-129F. We do have at least one member reporting recent success in filing the petitions in the same package. Yes, please study the guides and forms to familiarize yourself with the process. You'll have some time to make filing decisions while you're getting your husband's signatures.

See a recent thread with a link to a fillable and savable G325a. This could expedite your signature acquisition significantly.

Pushbrk, I did not say beneficiary signs I-130 and I-129F. I simply said "The beneficiary (you) has to sign one set of G-325A for I-130 as well as one set of G-325A for I-129F." I do not know, if it is confusing. I, like you asked her to read the guides which would give her all answers that she wanted.

NVC Process of I-130:

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Timeline

Lara,

A few VJers have reported sending the I-130 and I-129f petitions together, because they didn't know any better, and both petitions were accepted for processing. I haven't seen any reports of sending the petitions together and having the I-129f returned. Whether or not you want to try it is up to you - the odds look good, but the anecdotal evidence on which the odds are based is quite skimpy.

Read the petition instructions to find out what needs to be included with each.

Yodrak

Hey guys,

Thanks again so much!

Lara

Timeline
Hey guys,

Thanks again so much!

Lara

Pushbrk, I did not say beneficiary signs I-130 and I-129F. I simply said "The beneficiary (you) has to sign one set of G-325A for I-130 as well as one set of G-325A for I-129F." I do not know, if it is confusing. I, like you asked her to read the guides which would give her all answers that she wanted.

Sorry. So you did. However, I think the OP is the petitioner. At least I got that impression from "Can't I send these two forms in together?"

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Hey guys,

Thanks again so much!

Lara

Sorry. So you did. However, I think the OP is the petitioner. At least I got that impression from "Can't I send these two forms in together?"

I think, OP is the beneficiary. Her husband is the petitioner. I got that impression from her post, quoting "And do I have to sign them aswell, or just my husband (he is applying for it)?"

NVC Process of I-130:

Timeline
Hey guys,

Thanks again so much!

Lara

I think, OP is the beneficiary. Her husband is the petitioner. I got that impression from her post, quoting "And do I have to sign them aswell, or just my husband (he is applying for it)?"

Interesting. This is why the incorrect use of pronouns is one of my chief pet peeves. There is no previous noun for the pronoun "it" to reference. In any event both will be signing some forms. The petitioner signs the petitions. The "applicant" signs the visa applications that come later.

I'm afraid I'm still conditioned to presume the person posting is the Petitioner. Although that is true in the majority, Im coming to see it is a slimmer majority that I've been thinking. :yes:

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Timeline

pushbrk and simple_male,

Lara is the alien benficiary, the future visa applicant.

So many posters write so ambiguously that one must be very careful making the assumption that you two have been debating based on one post alone.

Yodrak

Hey guys,

Thanks again so much!

Lara

Interesting. This is why the incorrect use of pronouns is one of my chief pet peeves. There is no previous noun for the pronoun "it" to reference. In any event both will be signing some forms. The petitioner signs the petitions. The "applicant" signs the visa applications that come later.

I'm afraid I'm still conditioned to presume the person posting is the Petitioner. Although that is true in the majority, Im coming to see it is a slimmer majority that I've been thinking.

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

Oh wow, thank you guys... that was quick! :-)

I already did read the basics about everything... trust me I spent hours reading all of that. But, wether it is my stupidity or other things :-), I still dont understand most of it. So I ask questions to make sure not to make any mistakes.

So I appreciate your answers, they really help a lot!

Oh and to make it more clear to you guys: I am the foreign one (german!) and my husband is the american citizen!!! Just in case I wasnt clear before... So I guess I would be the benef... (however you call that) and my husband the petitioner??

Thanks again,

Lara

9c89ab.jpg.png

I already did read the basics about everything... trust me I spent hours reading all of that. But, wether it is my stupidity or other things :-), I still dont understand most of it. So I ask questions to make sure not to make any mistakes.

Oh and to make it more clear to you guys: I am the foreign one (german!) and my husband is the american citizen!!! Just in case I wasnt clear before... So I guess I would be the benef... (however you call that) and my husband the petitioner??

Thanks again,

Lara

Yes, you are the beneficiary, the foreign alien spouse and immigrant visa applicant. Your husband is the US Citizen petitioner. Please read I-130, I-129F, G-325A forms' instructions and ask questions.

Yodrak,

I did think that OP is the beneficiary. Sometimes, I can tell by the language.

NVC Process of I-130:

Timeline

Thanks again,

Lara

The forms themselves and their instructions make it clear who signs and where. The guides are more general. I suggest you and your husband work together during the visa process, with (if possible) him learning everything you learn, if not more.

In future posts with questions, if you would be kind enough to provide the context of pronouns, particularly personal pronouns as well as that you are the foreign spouse, it will make things easier for all of us.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wish I would have done that and saved myself a month. :)

Lara,

A few VJers have reported sending the I-130 and I-129f petitions together, because they didn't know any better, and both petitions were accepted for processing. I haven't seen any reports of sending the petitions together and having the I-129f returned. Whether or not you want to try it is up to you - the odds look good, but the anecdotal evidence on which the odds are based is quite skimpy.

Read the petition instructions to find out what needs to be included with each.

Yodrak

Naturalization Timeline:

Jan. 03, 2020 - N-400 filed online

Jan. 23, 2020 - Biometrics appointment

Apr. 08, 2020 - Interview scheduled

I lift up my eyes to the hills—

where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth.

Timeline

Thank you guys... I will try my best! And I will keep you updated! :-)

9c89ab.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.