Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MKT3121 said:

My immigration journey started back in 2008. Does anyone think the reason some people are getting their interviews scheduled after submitting FOIA is because their whole a file is digital?

I wonder that as well. My immigration journey started in 2008 as well. 

Edited by STurcotte77
spelling

2 minutes ago, MKT3121 said:

My immigration journey started back in 2008. Does anyone think the reason some people are getting their interviews scheduled after submitting FOIA is because their whole a file is digital?

My immigration journey started from 2005. So paper/digital might not matter as my FOIA is in step 3 and wife in Step 2, but both got interviews today.

1 minute ago, rams_usa said:

My immigration journey started from 2005. So paper/digital might not matter as my FOIA is in step 3 and wife in Step 2, but both got interviews today.

That's good to know. Maybe it's where the application was submitted.

I submitted my n400 application online and I live In Jacksonville, FL. My receipt notice says my application is in the National Benefits Center.

I'm so tired of waiting.

Great news for me too)))) 

I am finally scheduled for an interview in February)))) I don't know what really helped- I have done everything like everyone in this chat and the last step was the FOIA ( I am still in step 2). The only thing I can say is that please don't loose hope and keep on doing everything that is in your hands!!!

3 hours ago, rams_usa said:

Great news!!! I just logged into USCIS portal this morning and see both mine and wife's interview were scheduled for Feb. 

We filed FOIA on Dec 12th. Mine went to step 3 on Dec 30. My wife's is still in Step 2 as of this morning. 

It looks like FOIA has triggered the interview. 

We have international trip next day after the interview and wondering if we can ask USCIS to have next Oath ceremony date instead of the same day oath. Any one has any experience in this ?

Congrats!! Very happy for you)) 

1 hour ago, roddie2k said:

Happy to inform that I too have been scheduled for my interview on Valentine's day (lol) . For better context from an FOIA perspective, my wife's FOIA went to step 3 a week before mine did and now my interview has been scheduled a week after her's. 

I really think FOIA did the trick and urge all who have not done so to go ahead and submit a request - you have nothing to lose ! 

Mine is in that range as well - I guess you will receive your appointment soon. 

Congrats!!! 

3 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Great news for me too)))) 

I am finally scheduled for an interview in February)))) I don't know what really helped- I have done everything like everyone in this chat and the last step was the FOIA ( I am still in step 2). The only thing I can say is that please don't loose hope and keep on doing everything that is in your hands!!!

WOW - You made my day 🙂 I was wondering I thought I got stuck in in Step 2 🙂 Hope fully I will get interview soon. Between When did you apply for FOIA? I applied on 12/14. 

2 minutes ago, April202Filer said:

WOW - You made my day 🙂 I was wondering I thought I got stuck in in Step 2 🙂 Hope fully I will get interview soon. Between When did you apply for FOIA? I applied on 12/14. 

You are very close!! You will get it very soon. It looks that they are working on a lot of April 2020 filers. I filed on Dec 15. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.