Texas919

Redacting i944 asset info.

9 posts in this topic

Greetings! I am currently filling out the paperwork for my wife to adjust status and am having some frustrations with the i944 and the info it is asking for.

I have filled out the i864 for my wife and am well above the 125% poverty guidelines so I do not have to include asset information. Yet since my wife and I are living together I am included in her household, whose assets the i944 is asking for.

She does not have any assets except the shared checking account we opened up several months ago. I will include the 3 months of itemized statements for this account. The rest of the assets listed are in my name. Mainly my 401k, savings, and checking account. So basically the i944 has turned into a document about my financial assets -_-. 

I really do not like the idea of sending the government 12+ months of my savings and checking statements given the amount of sensitive information they contain that they simply do not need to know and haven't required on the i864. My idea is to send them 12 months of account summaries (rather than itemized statements) with the account numbers redacted in the xxxxxxNN format (the last two numbers visible). Has anyone done this? Will they just send me an RFE if it is not acceptable? It seems like they wouldn't care given that they do not require this information on the i864. I imagine the form is just poorly written and they are not expecting the sponsor to be in the petitioner's household.

Given how new the form is, I wouldn't expect solid answers, but thoughts would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

For an update for future reference, I sent in 12 months of monthly summary (not itemized) statements  of my savings and checking accounts and itemized statements of the shared checking accounts.

The monthly summary statements were redacted in the format described above with only the last numbers of the account shown. The itemized shared checking statements had the full number shown.

After closer reading of the instructions I am not even sure the asset info is needed if you are above the 125% poverty line. It is not completely obvious so I included it anyways. We shall see what happens. Will update accordingly.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

We are in the same situation. My French husband doesn’t have any assets, we share the same checking account and my income is well above 125%. So I only included my tax transcripts, paystubs, and a letter from my employer about another pay raise. I didn’t bother to add my assets nor even bank statements from our shared account. Mailed AOS package on 4/24, still waiting for NOA

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/12/2020 at 7:14 PM, portorusa said:

We are in the same situation. My French husband doesn’t have any assets, we share the same checking account and my income is well above 125%. So I only included my tax transcripts, paystubs, and a letter from my employer about another pay raise. I didn’t bother to add my assets nor even bank statements from our shared account. Mailed AOS package on 4/24, still waiting for NOA

Have you received and notice or approval since submitting? I am in the same situation not sure what to do!

On 5/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, Texas919 said:

For an update for future reference, I sent in 12 months of monthly summary (not itemized) statements  of my savings and checking accounts and itemized statements of the shared checking accounts.

The monthly summary statements were redacted in the format described above with only the last numbers of the account shown. The itemized shared checking statements had the full number shown.

After closer reading of the instructions I am not even sure the asset info is needed if you are above the 125% poverty line. It is not completely obvious so I included it anyways. We shall see what happens. Will update accordingly.

Have you received and notice or approval since submitting? I am in the same situation not due what to do!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Pickle_slushy said:

Have you received and notice or approval since submitting? I am in the same situation not sure what to do!

Have you received and notice or approval since submitting? 

9 hours ago, Pickle_slushy said:

We received a NOA for I-485 in late May, and submitted fingerprints a week ago. Since then no news.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, portorusa said:

We received a NOA for I-485 in late May, and submitted fingerprints a week ago. Since then no news.

Do you happen to know if a RFE would come before this point or at the next?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pickle_slushy said:

Do you happen to know if a RFE would come before this point or at the next?

It can come at any point before the interview.

12 hours ago, Pickle_slushy said:

Have you received and notice or approval since submitting? I am in the same situation not due what to do!

Received an NOA in mid May and received a document regarding a lack of medical exam. But we noted that those will be brought in during the interview. Since then we have not received anything else.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Texas919 said:

Received an NOA in mid May and received a document regarding a lack of medical exam. But we noted that those will be brought in during the interview. Since then we have not received anything else.

What was your reason for not submitting? Just wanted to get the other papers submitted ASAP? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.