PollyC

I-751 May 2020 Filers

794 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ceaseplease said:

I have been a long time lurker and went through the K1 process with lots of help from this forum.

I wanted to share my timeline on this NOA delay and hopefully offer some hope to those in this limbo.

Green Card expires 07/12

Filed I-751 05/04

Credit Card Charged 05/05

Recvd Text Message with case number WACxxxx 05/06

Waited and waited for NOA and saw similar experiences on here, waited full 30 Days

Emailed Lockbox support, Created Service Request Inquiry online for Non-delivery of Notice (assigned SRxxx number) 06/04

Called USCIS, they tried to create a Service Request but one was already in the system. Told to wait for response. 06/05

Emailed lockbox a few more times but no reply.

Checked status of SRxxxx on USCIS account, changed to inquiry assigned to officer 06/09

Recvd email response below, SRxxx status in USCIS account changed to closed. 06/15

"Thank you for your inquiry. A receipt notice, which includes information pertaining to the extension of your current status, will be sent. Please allow up to 14 business days for processing."

Received Paper NOA by USPS mail 06/19

It does seem that the Service request filed online or via phone is the best way to get an answer & NOA.

Good luck to everyone, patience is key.

How do you check status of a service request?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, ceaseplease said:

I have been a long time lurker and went through the K1 process with lots of help from this forum.

I wanted to share my timeline on this NOA delay and hopefully offer some hope to those in this limbo.

Green Card expires 07/12

Filed I-751 05/04

Credit Card Charged 05/05

Recvd Text Message with case number WACxxxx 05/06

Waited and waited for NOA and saw similar experiences on here, waited full 30 Days

Emailed Lockbox support, Created Service Request Inquiry online for Non-delivery of Notice (assigned SRxxx number) 06/04

Called USCIS, they tried to create a Service Request but one was already in the system. Told to wait for response. 06/05

Emailed lockbox a few more times but no reply.

Checked status of SRxxxx on USCIS account, changed to inquiry assigned to officer 06/09

Recvd email response below, SRxxx status in USCIS account changed to closed. 06/15

"Thank you for your inquiry. A receipt notice, which includes information pertaining to the extension of your current status, will be sent. Please allow up to 14 business days for processing."

Received Paper NOA by USPS mail 06/19

It does seem that the Service request filed online or via phone is the best way to get an answer & NOA.

Good luck to everyone, patience is key.

thanks for sharing, how did u create service request inquiry online?

1 minute ago, Citerio said:

How do you check status of a service request?

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

image.thumb.png.4d31c6c2a35e37eb122e363734a8d3e0.png 

3 minutes ago, Mill&bill said:

thanks for sharing, how did u create service request inquiry online?

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

2 minutes ago, ceaseplease said:

He said he checked the status  of his SERVICE REQUEST.  am not talking about Case status. Because when I type in my Service Request number it says invalid. 

1 minute ago, Citerio said:

He said he checked the status  of his SERVICE REQUEST.  am not talking about Case status. Because when I type in my Service Request number it says invalid. 

Yes, I understand. You cannot just type in the SR number.

Sign up for an account, add your paper-filed case to your account. It will show the Service Request status under the case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I-751 was received by Phoenix lockbox May 6th 2020, received text update at the time had to wait 6 weeks to received the receipt notice on June 15th after making a service request using the contact center on June 5th.  

The interesting thing is the California Service Center produced the NoA 5 days after I made the service request through the contact center online.

No fingerprints action yet on our case.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

7 hours ago, da95826 said:

I-751 was received by Phoenix lockbox May 6th 2020, received text update at the time had to wait 6 weeks to received the receipt notice on June 15th after making a service request using the contact center on June 5th.  

The interesting thing is the California Service Center produced the NoA 5 days after I made the service request through the contact center online.

No fingerprints action yet on our case.

Congrats.. My service field is CSC too but the response i got was some notices have not yet generated and delays..

15 hours ago, Stark44 said:

Has anyone contacted there Congressman or senator to help speed up the process of obtaining their NOA, I saw some users in the April filers did this and they received their NOA

I will be doing it this week if I don’t get a response from my inquiry this week.

Just now, Stark44 said:

How long has your service inquiry been open for? Since making the service inquiry what do you think is an acceptable amount of time to wait before reaching out to your local congressperson for assistance?

It was on the 11th of this month.

it only changed to “ assigned to an officer “ on the 19th, last friday.

I will be giving them a bit of time, like until wednesday.

if nothing changes, then i will contact the congressman. 

On 6/20/2020 at 10:10 PM, Stark44 said:

Has anyone contacted there Congressman or senator to help speed up the process of obtaining their NOA, I saw some users in the April filers did this and they received their NOA

Just sent email to senator office with form request help with uscis case. got automatic reply it can take 3 or 4 business days to process my request

Will see 🤞🏻

I called USCIS right now and they said you already had put in a SR via email so you have to wait until 30 days till 10th July to get a reply. I have got transfer Notice but not receipt NOA and she said  only 1 thing- wait 30 days. I dont get it. I will have to wait.  i have added my paper based case to my uscis online acct but it only shows last update on June 4th that case was transferred

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.