B&ANZ

Meeting income requirement without a sponsor

7 posts in this topic

We are currently still awaiting our NOA2 for the I-130. I moved back to the US to try to get a job as job hunting from overseas was proving difficult. I just received a job offer way above the minimum requirement for a two-person household. I made all foreign income last year so my 2019 taxes show I made $0 so we are hoping my offer letter along with however many paystubs I can get before we get to the next stage will help. My 2018 and 2017 income was extremely low as I was in graduate school. We have a ZERO chance in getting a joint sponsor. Do you think this will be sufficient enough?

USCIS

02/12/2020: Submitted I-130 online 🥳

02/12/2020 : NOA1 (Nebraska) - received online 02/13🤬

02/18/2020 : Mailed K3 ☘️

02/23/2020: Touched

02/23/2020: "Transfered" to Potomac

02/25/2020 : NOA1 (Potomac) K3

04/09/2020: RFE 😫

04/13/2020: RFE response sent 😬

05/04/2020: "Request for RFE evidence received by USCIS"

05/06/2020: Touched

06/15/2020: Touched

06/16/2020: "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

06/16/2020 : NOA2 (Potomac)

07/15/2020 : K3 denied

NVC

06/17/2020: Welcome Letter

06/18/2020: Paid AOS and IV fees 

07/03/2020: NVC expedite sent

07/07/2020: Submit everything to NVC

07/08/2020: Documentarily Qualifed (less than 24 hours!) 🥰

07/09/2020: NVC expedite in review

07/14/2020: NVC expedite approved!!🥳

Embassy

07/16/2020: Embassy received case

07/27/2020: Interview Letter

07/30/2020: Medical

08/12/2020 : Interview - cancelled due to alert Level 3 in Auckland :( 

09/16/2020: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥳♥️👩‍❤️‍👨

09/17/2020: CEAC status says "Issued"🥳

09/18/2020: Visa in hand - flight booked!

09/24/2020 : POE

I-751 ROC

06/30/2022: NOA1 (MSC)

“Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”🌏

What is your plan for health insurance?  How close to the FPL is your income?  Current (not past) income is the most important, but it is not the only piece looked at when evaluating public charge risk.

Edit:  Just noticed the "way above" comment for income.  I am assuming if you have a job offer in the field of your profession/education, it will come with health care benefits which you can add your spouse to.

Honestly, I think you will be fine.  Best of luck.

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, B&ANZ said:

We are currently still awaiting our NOA2 for the I-130. I moved back to the US to try to get a job as job hunting from overseas was proving difficult. I just received a job offer way above the minimum requirement for a two-person household. I made all foreign income last year so my 2019 taxes show I made $0 so we are hoping my offer letter along with however many paystubs I can get before we get to the next stage will help. My 2018 and 2017 income was extremely low as I was in graduate school. We have a ZERO chance in getting a joint sponsor. Do you think this will be sufficient enough?

Probably so, but you only need one pay stub.  It is not how much you've made so far this year or so far on the new job.  When the time comes, take the gross income from the latest pay stub and multiply it by the number of pay periods in a full 365 day year going forward. THAT is your current income.  Current income is the key.  The Consular Officer will understand you've just started a new career.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 months later...
Timeline
7 hours ago, JuliePineParker said:

I believe they only ask for 3 months of paystubs when submitting evidence. Plus any other assets are taken into consideration (house, investments, etc).

You believe incorrectly.  There is an old (very old and outdated) guideline for six months of pay stubs, but in practice, almost all pay stubs show year to date income and enough other information that ONE PAY STUB, is sufficient as evidence of current income.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
28 minutes ago, JuliePineParker said:

Ok thanks for the update. We submitted 3 months worth in 2019 but I know the rules change all the time.

That hasn't been a "rule" since before I first became involved in late 2005.  I doubt it ever was.  Only an outdated guideline.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.