Mike n Huong

Wedding and Reception!!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Keith and I kinda took a gamble and started looking at setting a date and booking places once we started the whole visa process. :blush: We had places booked and deposits paid before we got packet 3. It has worked out for us--although we knew we were takin a risk handing out money so soon. The contract for the hotel we booked said something about rescheduling being allowed in circumstances beyond your control (as I remember, I haven't looked at the contract since we signed). Certainly this whole process is beyond your control. I was going to try and play that card if we got delayed at all. As long as you pick a date that is believable for her to have her visa by, if it takes longer, you can explain that an unforseen processing delay is causing you to push back the date. Might work. :innocent:

Also, if you are REALLY worried about it, talk to the managers and the venues you're looking at. I'm sure some can be more flexible for you. :luv:

Good luck!

Ireland-National-Flag.gif photo-15058.jpg United-States-of-America.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in the minority here... I've been planning the wedding from the moment we got engaged....

However... we filed for the K-1 with about 11 months of wiggle room... (we will be getting married in a civil ceremony first and having the big wedding 3 months later)

We made sure we cuold move things... get our deposit back (or not lose too much of our money)....

We took a risk, but it's looking like we'll be fine, just make sure you leave a LOT of room to breathe in the process...

Good luck! :yes:

Kim/Boston/US

Dave/Vancouver/Canada

4/2005 - met in Vegas!

10/8/2005 - We got engaged!! (with many, many trips between the two!)

K-1 Journey:

12/12/2005 - Sent I-129F to Vermont! (Day 1)

12/13/2005 - I-129F arrives at VSC! (Day 2)

12/16/2005 - Check Cashed! (Day 5)

12/22/2005 - NOA1 received by snail mail (Day 11)

1/10/2006 - NOA2 received by email! (Day 30)

1/14/2006 - NOA2 received by snail mail (Day 34)

1/17/2006 - Letter Received from NVC (Day 37)

1/30/2006 - Fiance receives Packet 3! (Day 50)

3/1/2006 - Medical Exam (Day 79)

3/3/2006 - Checklist Faxed to Consulate (Day 81)

3/14/2006 - Call to Consulate, Interview Scheduled for April 10th!!

3/17/2006 - Packet 4 w/interview date finally arrives!

4/10/2006 - K-1 VISA APPROVED! (Day 121)

6/11/2006 - Border Crossing at Peace Bridge (Buffalo, NY)

6/16/2006 - Legally Married!

10/1/2006 - Our Wedding Day

AOS Journey:

8/7/2006 Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (Day 1)

8/8/2006 AOS/EAD/AP Arrive at Chicago Lockbox

8/16/2006 NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

9/11/2006 AOS Transferred to CSC

10/17/2006 AP Approved (by email)

10/18/2006 EAD touched!

11/25/06 Biometrics scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We waited till the Visa went through before making any real plan such as booking hall and other stuff that might needed deposit....but it didnt stop us from looking before hand...our visa went through on march 20th and our wedding is august 19th....which gives us time to plan....i wouldnt make any major bookings until that visa is in your hand...once that stress is over ....you can start the other stress of a wedding.....*smile*...i wish you the best on your journey...lisa

K-1 Visa

Met online : October 1998

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-11-07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-02

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2005-12-19

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-01-16

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-01-28

Medical scheduled : 2006-02-20

Packet 4 Received: 2006-03-11

INTERVIEW: 2006-03-20 APPROVED!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.