pkingking131

Is there a delay when resubmitting an AOS app.

10 posts in this topic

Hey All,

So we sent in out AOS app in in early march, only to learn a few months later that or forms were out of date by about a week. 😕  We made our corrections and mailed it back in. Our mail tracking shows it was received on 03/29/2020.  

I was curious if any one knew if resubmittals take longer than first time forms.  All of our documents are just a legible if not more than before.

Thanks in advance,

Grayson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
44 minutes ago, pkingking131 said:

Hey All,

So we sent in out AOS app in in early march, only to learn a few months later that or forms were out of date by about a week. 😕  We made our corrections and mailed it back in. Our mail tracking shows it was received on 03/29/2020.  

I was curious if any one knew if resubmittals take longer than first time forms.  All of our documents are just a legible if not more than before.

Thanks in advance,

Grayson

I would like an answer to this too. One piece of advice I can give is cancel your check or money order for the first application so you aren't charged twice (I had to resubmit AOS app recently too).

Timeline
14 minutes ago, pkingking131 said:

@Bjh: Thanks for your reply.  It has been 3 week after resubmission and havent received NOA1. What about you guys?

Only 2 weeks, or 12 business days. Rejected first time because of outdated forms, USCIS received second submission April 1st. They returned my first submission after 12 business days but maybe because it was an "easy rejection."

Unfortunately, I just learned today that the I-944 requires a certified educational evaluation of the applicant's HIGH SCHOOL credentials to make sure their diploma is "equivalent to US high school," which I didn't include (but I did include her transcript and diploma with English translations). I was worried about not giving 12 months of bank statements under assets earlier, now it appears I've missed much more with this form...

I have no idea why they need to know this much about someone's education on an application that has nothing to do with being a student here. I can understand income, work history,  bankruptcies, medical problems, and maybe even credit scores, etc. but why my wife's high school record a decade ago is relevant, I have no clue.

They also apparently need evidence that English-speaking people coming from English-speaking countries are "credentialed" in English....um, not even American UNIVERSITIES need that. If that wasn't bad enough, they want evidence that the applicant is "credentialed" in his/her OWN FREAKING NATIVE LANGUAGE....I am really pounding my head on walls at the inanity of these expectations.

So I'm probably going to get rejected and suffer ANOTHER delay because I didn't list my wife's high school Portuguese and English classes under Language certifications, I didn't include a certified educational evaluation of her high school transcript, AND maybe they wanted bank statements regardless of our income...UGH!

What kind of retarded, pragmatically inept, persnickety desk jockey threw this bloody form together???

Edited by Bjh

We resubmitted our forms last week on the 7th and got the NOA two days ago. So I think that resubmissions can take as long or as little as an original submission. Sometimes, USCIS can take up to a month to send out NOAs so hopefully you get yours soon. 

26 minutes ago, Bjh said:

Only 2 weeks, or 12 business days. Rejected first time because of outdated forms, USCIS received second submission April 1st. They returned my first submission after 12 business days but maybe because it was an "easy rejection."

Unfortunately, I just learned today that the I-944 requires a certified educational evaluation of the applicant's HIGH SCHOOL credentials to make sure their diploma is "equivalent to US high school," which I didn't include (but I did include her transcript and diploma with English translations). I was worried about not giving 12 months of bank statements under assets earlier, now it appears I've missed much more with this form...

I have no idea why they need to know this much about someone's education on an application that has nothing to do with being a student here. I can understand income, work history,  bankruptcies, medical problems, and maybe even credit scores, etc. but why my wife's high school record a decade ago is relevant, I have no clue.

They also apparently need evidence that English-speaking people coming from English-speaking countries are "credentialed" in English....um, not even American UNIVERSITIES need that. If that wasn't bad enough, they want evidence that the applicant is "credentialed" in his/her OWN FREAKING NATIVE LANGUAGE....I am really pounding my head on walls at the inanity of these expectations.

So I'm probably going to get rejected and suffer ANOTHER delay because I didn't list my wife's high school Portuguese and English classes under Language certifications, I didn't include a certified educational evaluation of her high school transcript, AND maybe they wanted bank statements regardless of our income...UGH!

What kind of retarded, pragmatically inept, persnickety desk jockey threw this bloody form together???

Hopefully you hear something soon. At this point it's hard to say if you'll be rejected or not but I can share what I added in those sections you were concerned about in case they send it back since we just got our NOAs.

For the high school equivalency, I found a website that both translated my wife's diploma plus the equivalency. They did everything online and then mailed a physical copy. It took them about less than two days to get back everything then the mail arrived two days later. All the other equivalency services included on the I-944 instructions required mailing in original copies and cost a lot more. The site is called The Spanish Group. It's a translation company based in California. They aren't an NACES member and weren't on the I-944 list so I don't know if I will get an RFE in the future. The instructions didn't specify who had to do the equivalency evaluation so I feel like it will be fine but we'll see in the future.. https://thespanishgroup.org/translations/diploma-and-transcript-spanish-translation/

I didn't include any assets or bank statements since I provided enough evidence that my income meets the 125% poverty level requirements and provided enough evidence. The instructions only require assets and bank statements for those who don't meet the income requirements. However, instead of leaving that section blank, I wrote N/A or NONE or some other variation. It sounds like USCIS is being a lot more picky with people leaving sections. So even if something doesn't apply to you, they want you to write something like N/A or NONE etc. 

On the language section I wrote English and the language school my wife is currently attending here in the US. Her native language is Spanish so I included that and put the name of her high school because the instructions say that a high school diploma can be used as evidence. I wasn't specific though about individual language classes she took though. 

Hope this helps. Let's hope they're just taking long to send your NOA. This form has given us all a ton of headaches but we're all figuring out together.

On 4/18/2020 at 8:30 PM, Bjh said:

I definitely understand your frustration,  everything you've said could come out of my mouth.  Every time i think of the I-944 i just shake my head,  it doesn't remotely apply to a K1 visa. 

At this point my fingers are just crossed that its taking longer cause they aren't rejecting it.  If i may ask,  do you know if you got your NOA before the money was drawn from your account.  Im keeping my eye on both of course but there isnt anything to do cooped up all day. 

Thanks

Timeline
10 hours ago, pkingking131 said:

I definitely understand your frustration,  everything you've said could come out of my mouth.  Every time i think of the I-944 i just shake my head,  it doesn't remotely apply to a K1 visa. 

At this point my fingers are just crossed that its taking longer cause they aren't rejecting it.  If i may ask,  do you know if you got your NOA before the money was drawn from your account.  Im keeping my eye on both of course but there isnt anything to do cooped up all day. 

Thanks

The first time I submitted the AOS packet? I cancelled my check after I sent it with the packet. If they reject the application because of missing stuff for the I-944 or anything else they won't cash the check.

10 minutes ago, pkingking131 said:

Thanks guys for reply. What you guys are doing for your SSN? We need to go to SSN office to get security. Not sure whether i could get it before 14 days of  90 days completion in US. 

14 days left wouldn’t be enough time and access to SSN offices may not be possible due to COVID-19. If you applied for EAD with your AOS application then you will get your SSN when your employment authorization is approved so there’s no need to go to their office. 

Edited by ecuatorianos2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.