StaGor

Did not get NVC welcome letter

20 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Your application is approved by USCIS. NVC (DOS) assigns a case number and moves your file on to the embassy. You will get a letter from USCIS which is referred to as a NOA2 letter advising you of the outcome of your application. Most times it's an approval. Once NVC assigns a case number to your application and it (case file) is sent to the embassy then they will send a letter to the petitioner with your case number and receipt/invoice number. Those letters are not mailed until your case file is physically sent from NVC to the embassy. So yes, everyone gets a letter, whether it arrives or not is another topic.

13 hours ago, Tooba Nasir said:

Everyone get letter from department of state after approval of case??

Yes, that was my experience. The NOA2 was a letter that got mailed to my house. And then about 1.5 months later the NVC emailed the case number and login instructions to access CAEC to both the petitioner and the sponsor! 

• 8 months later...
Timeline

Hello, i check the status of the approve letter and it looks it was sent back because i didnt change address how coud i requested to be re send ? ipettion my brothers in 2002 and still waiting not sure how long is the wait time.

Edited by chaparra

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chauncey said:

I'm having the same issue right now. It'll be 90 days on Monday since my petition was approved and it still hasn't reached NVC. I've done everything I can do contacting the agencies about it and my congressman so I'm just waiting now....

When you spoke to USCIS, did you verify what was the day they have sent over your case to NVC?

Timeline
57 minutes ago, StaGor said:

When you spoke to USCIS, did you verify what was the day they have sent over your case to NVC?

One rep told me February 23, another told me she didn't see they ever sent it, and the last one I talked to hung up on me just telling me a tier 2 would call. I asked for a tier 2 to call two weeks ago and they never did so I don't expect this one to either :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.