Gak

i-994 Household Income and Canadian Tax Transcript

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question about the form i-944.

I know for the i-864, you can submit tax transcripts which you can get them directly from the IRS website or tax returns.  The tax transcript is a document verifying that the IRS has received your tax return and has processed it.  However, in the "Household Income" section from the i-944, they only mention about the "tax transcripts" as evidence. It says that if you haven't filed U.S. tax reports, we need to provide our foreign tax "transcripts" as evidence. I don't think we have such thing as "tax transcript" in Canada. I do have a tax report and T4 in my hand. The question is can I use my Canadian tax report, not tax transcript, along with T4?  If not, what is the Canadian equivalent to the USA tax transcript?

Is there anyone who have submitted a Canadian report as a supporting document? Let me know if I can use my Canadian tax report along with my T4 from last year. If not, let me know where I can get my Canadian "tax transcript" because nowhere on the CRA website says they provide a tax transcript.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that in your online CRA account, there's an option called "Proof of Income Statement", which IMHO is the closest thing to the American tax transcript. It's printable, and gives more detail than the regular Notice of Assessment. That's what I'm planning to include when I file the whole package late next week.

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am wondering the same exact thing. 

Also, if the applicant on the i-944 is Canadian, when it asks if she has every filed a federal tax return, is that a yes or no? She has filed canadian taxes, never US taxes. Not sure if they refer to only US on that question 

On 4/10/2020 at 7:06 PM, Gak said:

I know for the i-864, you can submit tax transcripts which you can get them directly from the IRS website or tax returns.  The tax transcript is a document verifying that the IRS has received your tax return and has processed it.  However, in the "Household Income" section from the i-944, they only mention about the "tax transcripts" as evidence. It says that if you haven't filed U.S. tax reports, we need to provide our foreign tax "transcripts" as evidence. I don't think we have such thing as "tax transcript" in Canada. I do have a tax report and T4 in my hand. The question is can I use my Canadian tax report, not tax transcript, along with T4?  If not, what is the Canadian equivalent to the USA tax transcript?

Is there anyone who have submitted a Canadian report as a supporting document? Let me know if I can use my Canadian tax report along with my T4 from last year. If not, let me know where I can get my Canadian "tax transcript" because nowhere on the CRA website says they provide a tax transcript.

On 4/10/2020 at 7:06 PM, Gak said:

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am wondering the same exact thing. 

Also, if the applicant on the i-944 is Canadian, when it asks if she has every filed a federal tax return, is that a yes or no? She has filed canadian taxes, never US taxes. Not sure if they refer to only US on that question

They want to know about your US tax returns.  They won't care about your Canadian ones tbh. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.