Rambava

Submitted the I-130 and I485 without I944.

38 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Yeah it was from an American University. The problem is what you put in the certification/dates/issuer fields. Do you put your University diploma certificate dates?

If you mean Part 4, Q5, I just put in my university education again.  

I don't have occupational skills in the way they mean it (Part 4, Q4), so left that as a "No" (I think they meant trade there).

On 4/9/2020 at 7:29 AM, dizzabs said:

We got our entire package returned including the money orders for payment. We didn't filled the form I-944 and we actually filled and outdated version of the for I-485 (Don't know how because we downloaded from USCIS site) but we are dealing with redoing everything... It seems that there's a lot of us dealing with this issue.

Was the I130 rejected as well?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
22 minutes ago, travelgal said:

Was the I130 rejected as well?

I think they are rejecting the entire packet as of now. They won't process the I-130 separately and I believe it's a good thing instead of the packet being divided into two. But may not matter. 

15 minutes ago, Rambava said:

They won't process the I-130 separately

Why not?

To be clear, I'm not saying they did or did not reject both forms. I don't know that either way. I'm just saying that an I-130 can be filed solo, and they have rejected only the I-485 in some past cases.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

Why not?

To be clear, I'm not saying they did or did not reject both forms. I don't know that either way. I'm just saying that an I-130 can be filed solo, and they have rejected only the I-485 in some past cases.

Yeah I mean they technically could but couple of people on this forum had all the packet returned. It could be that they have one check for all and they can't cash in. I have two separate checks so I can let you know what happens in my case. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

My entire package just rejected also because there was information missing on the I 944. Funny thing is a lawyer did it. He is not particularly an immigration lawyer. I am the petitioner. I am pissed but I have already refilled the form. I am just stuck on the whole credit report/score portion

4 minutes ago, malajoe said:

My entire package just rejected also because there was information missing on the I 944. Funny thing is a lawyer did it. He is not particularly an immigration lawyer. I am the petitioner. I am pissed but I have already refilled the form. I am just stuck on the whole credit report/score portion

What information was missing? If you don’t mind me asking!

Timeline
Just now, travelgal said:

What information was missing? If you don’t mind me asking!

It was just incomplete. A lot of the yes/ no answers were not checked out. The lawyer admit that it was his mistake. When i realized they were not checked off i sent him and email but the documents were already mailed in. I got rejection notices but everything else will be sent to my lawyer's office. Forms, payments and supporting documents. sigh

Timeline
On 4/7/2020 at 8:21 AM, Rambava said:

I got this form because my I 944 was incomplete. They rejected all the other forms. It's like a domino effect

Timeline
On 4/6/2020 at 6:25 PM, Rambava said:

Dang! :(

I hope they will have some leeway as the form is just mandated and just give an RFE. But I can see how it can impact heavily if a form is missing. I just pray that $1225 is not washed down the drain as of now. 

My rejection notice stated that the fees were also returned. I got the same notice for having an incomplete I 944

12 minutes ago, malajoe said:

It was just incomplete. A lot of the yes/ no answers were not checked out. The lawyer admit that it was his mistake. When i realized they were not checked off i sent him and email but the documents were already mailed in. I got rejection notices but everything else will be sent to my lawyer's office. Forms, payments and supporting documents. sigh

Oh okay! So everything in the packet was rejected? I was just wondering cause I also submitted I-130 and I485 but submitted an outdated I485 form. I haven’t heard from them though. It’s been 2 weeks today since it was delivered to USCIS.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, travelgal said:

Oh okay! So everything in the packet was rejected? I was just wondering cause I also submitted I-130 and I485 but submitted an outdated I485 form. I haven’t heard from them though. It’s been 2 weeks today since it was delivered to USCIS.

yes. the forms go hand in hand. Since i'm doing concurrent filing they wont accept the 130 without the 485 and wont accept the 485 without a complete i 944.

Timeline
1 minute ago, malajoe said:

yes. the forms go hand in hand. Since i'm doing concurrent filing they wont accept the 130 without the 485 and wont accept the 485 without a complete i 944.

I am in exact same situation as yours. I didn't submit I 944 and the I485 is outdated. Haven't heard anything yet. But mine was delivered last Monday. So I feel like it's going to take a long time for my packet to be back. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rambava said:

I am in exact same situation as yours. I didn't submit I 944 and the I485 is outdated. Haven't heard anything yet. But mine was delivered last Monday. So I feel like it's going to take a long time for my packet to be back. 

Mine was delivered March 30th and got it back today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.