Ms. Arely C.

I-751 Cover Letter/Money Order/Pictures help

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Guys! My husband’s Conditional GC expires the first week of July 2020 and the 90 days before it expires starts today so we’re getting ready to file form I-751 (removal of conditions) but I have a few questions.

1) I am having a hard time with the cover letter. I was starting to work on the cover letter and looked at other cover letters but I noticed some people had their cover letter as “Texas lockbox” or “California service center” but I checked the USCIS website for the address and it is: 

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
P.O. Box 21200
Phoenix, AZ 85036

The cover letters I saw are from 2015-2019 and I haven’t seen any recent ones from 2020 and I’d like to know if there is a specific lockbox or service center I need to add (I live in Oregon) or do I just use the “po box 21200 Phoenix, AZ 85036 in my cover

letter?

2) For the money order: do I get $680 (filing fee is $595 + biometric fee is $85 which = $680) and as the memo “I-751 filing fee + biometric fee” or do I need to get a separate money order for the filing fee and the biometric fee?

3) I wanted to send pictures as proof of relationship after our marriage 2 years ago to present date and our child’s birthday is next week but due to COVID19 we had to cancel our child’s birthday party (that means no family picture 😧 ) and we’re not going out (only to the grocery store) therefore I can’t print out pictures at my nearest Walmart. Should I include a letter stating why I won’t be sending pictures, is it okay if I don’t send pictures or do I need to send pictures? I don’t want to get any RFE’s for not sending pictures 😧 I have other documents as proof of relationship like joint bank account, car title/insurance policy with both of our names, a personal loan with both of our names, plane tickets from a recent out of the country trip, our child’s birth certificate and baptism certificate, etc. Only thing we don’t have is our own home/apartment since we live with my parents. 

Thank You in advance! Stay healthy :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ms. Arely C. said:

Hi Guys! My husband’s Conditional GC expires the first week of July 2020 and the 90 days before it expires starts today so we’re getting ready to file form I-751 (removal of conditions) but I have a few questions.

1) I am having a hard time with the cover letter. I was starting to work on the cover letter and looked at other cover letters but I noticed some people had their cover letter as “Texas lockbox” or “California service center” but I checked the USCIS website for the address and it is: 

USCIS
P.O. Box 21200
Phoenix, AZ 85036

The cover letters I saw are from 2015-2019 and I haven’t seen any recent ones from 2020 and I’d like to know if there is a specific lockbox or service center I need to add (I live in Oregon) or do I just use the “po box 21200 Phoenix, AZ 85036 in my cover

letter?

2) For the money order: do I get $680 (filing fee is $595 + biometric fee is $85 which = $680) and as the memo “I-751 filing fee + biometric fee” or do I need to get a separate money order for the filing fee and the biometric fee?

3) I wanted to send pictures as proof of relationship after our marriage 2 years ago to present date and our child’s birthday is next week but due to COVID19 we had to cancel our child’s birthday party (that means no family picture 😧 ) and we’re not going out (only to the grocery store) therefore I can’t print out pictures at my nearest Walmart. Should I include a letter stating why I won’t be sending pictures, is it okay if I don’t send pictures or do I need to send pictures? I don’t want to get any RFE’s for not sending pictures 😧 I have other documents as proof of relationship like joint bank account, car title/insurance policy with both of our names, a personal loan with both of our names, plane tickets from a recent out of the country trip, our child’s birth certificate and baptism certificate, etc. Only thing we don’t have is our own home/apartment since we live with my parents. 

1)  The address for your packet can change from year to year.  Use the address given on the current instructions/website.

2)  One money order is sufficient.

3)  Pictures are not required.  I'm sorry you had to cancel the party!  But...because you don't have a lease, I strongly urge you to get your parents to complete an affidavit attesting to your living arrangements.  They just need to state that you live with them, have lived with them for xxx time, that you will be living with them for xxx time in the future, and a truthful reason why (such as:  we want to be close to our grandchildren, we are letting them live with us until they save enough money for a place of their own, we are older and they are helping us around the house - whatever is true).  If you contribute to household expenses, they can add that in, too.

Best of luck to you!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
On 4/4/2020 at 2:01 AM, Sukie said:

1)  The address for your packet can change from year to year.  Use the address given on the current instructions/website.

2)  One money order is sufficient.

3)  Pictures are not required.  I'm sorry you had to cancel the party!  But...because you don't have a lease, I strongly urge you to get your parents to complete an affidavit attesting to your living arrangements.  They just need to state that you live with them, have lived with them for xxx time, that you will be living with them for xxx time in the future, and a truthful reason why (such as:  we want to be close to our grandchildren, we are letting them live with us until they save enough money for a place of their own, we are older and they are helping us around the house - whatever is true).  If you contribute to household expenses, they can add that in, too.

Best of luck to you!

Sukie in NY

THANK YOU SO MUCH 💖 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 4/3/2020 at 9:49 PM, Ms. Arely C. said:

USCIS
P.O. Box 21200
Phoenix, AZ 85036

letter?

If you choose to mail your packet with Fedex you can upload pictures online and pickup in store. Put pictures in package and send same day. 

Edited by rmv_condi

Timeline
5 hours ago, rmv_condi said:

If you choose to mail your packet with Fedex you can upload pictures online and pickup in store. Put pictures in package and send same day. 

I didn’t know that! :o I’ll look into it since I am planning to send the packet this week. Thank You! :D ❤️

Timeline
6 hours ago, Nathan45 said:

Do you have a printer? You can just throw the pictures on a word doc and print them all that way. I don't think Case Officers care whether it is on plain paper or high-end matte. 

Yes I do but it’s black and white ink 😅 I am not sure how much more ink I have left but I will definitely give it a try! Thank You :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.