Ninja Joe

Permanent Residence Interview Delayed?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Back in February, they sent my wife her Notice of Action for her initial permanent residence interview, which was to be on April 8, 2020 in Chatsworth, California.

Have the interviews been delayed because of the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak? We haven't received any follow up letter from the USCIS with a rescheduling of the appointment. Is there a way we can check online or by calling to find if the interview has been rescheduled and to when?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ninja Joe said:

Back in February, they sent my wife her Notice of Action for her initial permanent residence interview, which was to be on April 8, 2020 in Chatsworth, California.

Have the interviews been delayed because of the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak? We haven't received any follow up letter from the USCIS with a rescheduling of the appointment. Is there a way we can check online or by calling to find if the interview has been rescheduled and to when?

They are still closed to all public facing services.   I don't expect rescheduling to begin until they have a better handle on the situation 

YMMV

do you have access to your case status online ? I had a similar interview date and only got the cancellation email today. I very much doubt youd be interviewing on April 8th, but USCIS offices are only officially closed til April 7th at this point, but that is almost certain to be extended by a considerable amount of time i imagine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
1 hour ago, skjourney said:

do you have access to your case status online ? I had a similar interview date and only got the cancellation email today. I very much doubt youd be interviewing on April 8th, but USCIS offices are only officially closed til April 7th at this point, but that is almost certain to be extended by a considerable amount of time i imagine.

Just checked our case status online. It was actually just updated today, March 31st. Here is what it says:

"Interview Cancelled And Notice Ordered. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 30, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

For anyone in the same situation, you can check your case status by going to:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

You'll need to enter the receipt number listed on the top/left of your Notice of Action letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.