shankissana

Administrative Processing to Refused

43 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone! My case is in Administrative processing since August 2019. Interview was on August 1st 2019. ISL embassy kept passport and asked for few documents. We uploaded on Ceac website on August 5th. On March 3rd Status changed to Refused. Got no emails from Embassy. But today (March 17th) I got another case last updated. But Status is still showing refused. Is it good sign I got 2 updates in 2 weeks ? Are they touching my case? Please help

Hi, I'm in the same boat. My mother had her interview on nov 25th until.march 3rd her case was AP, then changed to refused. Last updated was March 6 and march 18th still refused.  Not sure what they are reviewing but not providing any update . Please share if anyone has the same situation and embassy has responded with any update. 

Hello shankissana,

My story is in the same situation, my Wife had an interview on Oct 2019 everything went well but was asked to provide one document. I mailed the documents to U.S embassy ISL Via Speedex and after 3 months of wait my case dates started updating after a week of date updates embassy emailed me and asked if i could provide them with evidence of marriage things like pictures, chats, call logs and etc. but this time embassy told me to upload documents on CEAC. 

i uploaded documents under (Civil Documents on additional Documents tab) i didnt see any other tab which i could upload the documents let me know if im wrong,  now in a week my wife's medical will expire and im hoping embassy emails me ASAP when it expires. so i can renew it and get the visa. 

With all the CoronaVirus going on embassy slowed there visa process even more and cancelled a lot of scheduled Interviews and im sure they wont be giving visa's till Coronavirus settles down. im hope im wrong but seem to be that way.

""Please feel free to Reply and update""

On 3/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, shankissana said:

Hi Everyone! My case is in Administrative processing since August 2019. Interview was on August 1st 2019. ISL embassy kept passport and asked for few documents. We uploaded on Ceac website on August 5th. On March 3rd Status changed to Refused. Got no emails from Embassy. But today (March 17th) I got another case last updated. But Status is still showing refused. Is it good sign I got 2 updates in 2 weeks ? Are they touching my case? Please help

Hey, U.S embassy just changed its wordings all the cases which are under Administrative Processing will now show or say "Refused" nothing to worry about. it will keep saying Refused till the process is complete. and yes they are working on your case when dates update that means officer is working on case because anything they do to your case has to update in there system which causes dates update. same thing happened to my case and still happening.

I have one question, when embassy asked you to upload Docs on CEAC. Where did you upload them under which tab? did you upload them under civil Docs on Additional tab?  please reply, i need to know for my case doc uploading.

Edited by Moh R

8 hours ago, Moh R said:

Hello shankissana,

My story is in the same situation, my Wife had an interview on Oct 2019 everything went well but was asked to provide one document. I mailed the documents to U.S embassy ISL Via Speedex and after 3 months of wait my case dates started updating after a week of date updates embassy emailed me and asked if i could provide them with evidence of marriage things like pictures, chats, call logs and etc. but this time embassy told me to upload documents on CEAC. 

i uploaded documents under (Civil Documents on additional Documents tab) i didnt see any other tab which i could upload the documents let me know if im wrong,  now in a week my wife's medical will expire and im hoping embassy emails me ASAP when it expires. so i can renew it and get the visa. 

With all the CoronaVirus going on embassy slowed there visa process even more and cancelled a lot of scheduled Interviews and im sure they wont be giving visa's till Coronavirus settles down. im hope im wrong but seem to be that way.

Can you please share with me what kind of document it was ?

Timeline
13 hours ago, Moh R said:

Hello shankissana,

Hi, My husband had interview on August’s 1st 2019, They kept the passport but asked for few documents like Pics, Domicile,Tax Return. We uploaded on Ceac website. Because Embassy told us to upload there. It was the under civil docs where I uploaded. It’s been 8 months no response from Embassy. Just got 3 updates but status didn’t change. It’s still in Administrative/Refused. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Moh R said:

Hey, U.S embassy just changed its wordings all the cases which are under Administrative Processing will now show or say "Refused" nothing to worry about. it will keep saying Refused till the process is complete. and yes they are working on your case when dates update that means officer is working on case because anything they do to your case has to update in there system which causes dates update. same thing happened to my case and still happening.

I have one question, when embassy asked you to upload Docs on CEAC. Where did you upload them under which tab? did you upload them under civil Docs on Additional tab?  please reply, i need to know for my case doc uploading.

They asked us to upload on Ceac .. Docs are Domicile,Tax Return and Pics. I uploaded as under civil documents.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Falak said:

Hi, I'm in the same boat. My mother had her interview on nov 25th until.march 3rd her case was AP, then changed to refused. Last updated was March 6 and march 18th still refused.  Not sure what they are reviewing but not providing any update . Please share if anyone has the same situation and embassy has responded with any update. 

Same here .. it’s been 8 months since interview .. I’m in Administrative processing .. they asked for docs .. I uploaded 8 months ago.. still no response from Embassy.. recently got updates .. but case not moving forward.

9 hours ago, shankissana said:

Same here .. it’s been 8 months since interview .. I’m in Administrative processing .. they asked for docs .. I uploaded 8 months ago.. still no response from Embassy.. recently got updates .. but case not moving forward.

Since its been 8 Months after the interview did the embassy contact you to renew your medical? Because if im not wrong medical examination is only good for 6 months and it has to be renewed after 6 months to get visa but embassy has to notify you otherwise it cant be renewed.

im asking because my wife's medical is expiring in a week and i will email embassy to let them know if they dont contact me.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Moh R said:

Since its been 8 Months after the interview did the embassy contact you to renew your medical? Because if im not wrong medical examination is only good for 6 months and it has to be renewed after 6 months to get visa but embassy has to notify you otherwise it cant be renewed.

im asking because my wife's medical is expiring in a week and i will email embassy to let them know if they dont contact me.

No, Embassy didn’t contact us. I’m just waiting from last 8 months. Don’t know what to do. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Boring Life said:

Why you not bring these documents during interview...WHY?

I had the docs with me at Interview but they didn’t check .. asked questions and told us to upload

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.