StephWilde

Booking medical/interview

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Ok, so with everything going on I need some outside perspective. I just got my case number, applied for DS-160 and was planning on booking medical/interview today. 

I've seen embassy closures elsewhere and even if the medical facility stays open, its starts a clock of 6 months. So do I book the medical and hope the embassy stays open or do I risk hoping in a few months things will have calmed down and 6 months is enough to do the interview when embassy reopens. Really wish the UK government would release their timelines for planned closures of things.

Or wait. Which is difficult to even type lol.

Any input before I start making calls would be appreciated :)

Timeline

Good question, it's exactly what I want to know. Also my fiancé is concerned that even if visas are issued the travel ban won't be lifted anytime soon in an election year 😑

Timeline

Well, exactly. In thinking about it, I've decided to just put a hold on things. I dont want to waste money just for this whole thing to last months and to expire. I have to assume any delays necessary will be approved due to the fact this is all out with our control.

We've waited almost 4 years, we can wait until this pandemic is dealt with and things have returned to mostly normal. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Personal opinion: I would reset my visa expectations for June. 

Should I attend my medical this week and reschedule the interview? I'm not sure how long it's valid for. 

I won't get my flight money back but at least I'd save on the medical fee...

Timeline
36 minutes ago, StephWilde said:

Well, exactly. In thinking about it, I've decided to just put a hold on things. I dont want to waste money just for this whole thing to last months and to expire. I have to assume any delays necessary will be approved due to the fact this is all out with our control.

We've waited almost 4 years, we can wait until this pandemic is dealt with and things have returned to mostly normal. 

That's a very positive way to think about things OP. Almost four years though. Fingers crossed for you x

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tristesse said:

That's a very positive way to think about things OP. Almost four years though. Fingers crossed for you x

Come back in 2 months when I've graduated uni and nothing to distract me from the distance anymore, we'll see how positive I am then 😭

Thanks though, I hope everything works out for you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Tristesse said:

Should I attend my medical this week and reschedule the interview? I'm not sure how long it's valid for. 

The medical is good for 6 months so the visa can not be issued valid for travel past six months. That means no matter when you get the visa, it will expire in September. You are different than StephWilde, who I replied to, because your toe is already in the door with appointments set up. She said she just got her case number and didn’t indicate if her case has even left NVC. Her timeline shows an error so can’t view it. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The medical is good for 6 months so the visa can not be issued valid for travel past six months. That means no matter when you get the visa, it will expire in September. You are different than StephWilde, who I replied to, because your toe is already in the door with appointments set up. She said she just got her case number and didn’t indicate if her case has even left NVC. Her timeline shows an error so can’t view it. 

Huh the timeline is erroring for me too, dont know what that's all about. 

We got the case number at the end of February, on the ceac website it said "Ready" for booking medical and interview but I havent received any correspondence from the london embassy yet. I'm not sure how premature that's considered by attempting to start stuff now. Irrelevant now I guess since its put on hold.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, StephWilde said:

Huh the timeline is erroring for me too, dont know what that's all about. 

We got the case number at the end of February, on the ceac website it said "Ready" for booking medical and interview but I havent received any correspondence from the london embassy yet. I'm not sure how premature that's considered by attempting to start stuff now. Irrelevant now I guess since its put on hold.

Well, there are interview appointment open on the 24th/25th of this month. You don’t need the letter. But you do need your police certificate, medical (and shot record and health record summary) It’s a matter of deciding if you want to get caught up in the uncertain frenzy or maybe pause and think about the visa in a couple of months. Difficult decision. 

Edit:  And how will you get to London? Airline situation is getting  bleak. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

im so sorry to hear you have to wait more after 4 years. Im feeling the exact same and im really trying not to let this bum me out, we’re waiting for our noa2 right now. are visas still issued when its just a temporary ban, and not because of any bad relations? 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Well, there are interview appointment open on the 24th/25th of this month. You don’t need the letter. But you do need your police certificate, medical (and shot record and health record summary) It’s a matter of deciding if you want to get caught up in the uncertain frenzy or maybe pause and think about the visa in a couple of months. Difficult decision. 

Edit:  And how will you get to London? Airline situation is getting  bleak. 

I have all the necessary documentation for everything to go ahead as previously planned. My initial plan was to get a flight, then that looked risky I also considered train from glasgow but quite frankly I'm immunocompromised and the thought of public transport right now is a concern. Ultimately if I needed to I was going to drive with my dad but honestly, all options arent great clearly. 

I think on hold is the best plan of action

1 hour ago, Tristesse said:

I'm still gonna go for my medical on Friday, IMO at least then its one less thing to worry about in the event there is big case backlog caused by an embassy closure.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, StephWilde said:

but quite frankly I'm immunocompromised

That is all the more reason you should stay at home. I don’t think the UK grasps the seriousness of this yet. Read what the scientists say, not Boris Johnson.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

That is all the more reason you should stay at home. I don’t think the UK grasps the seriousness of this yet. Read what the scientists say, not Boris Johnson.  

Nah I know, I'm a microbiologist. I was hoping to get it out of the way before the infection reached anywhere close to a peak but it's becoming more and more unlikely. Like I said, on hold for the time being. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.