Jujusmom

Another Biometrics Notice for Travel Document after AOS/EAD done

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I did my biometrics for I-485 & I-765 on March 4 and all is good. Today, I received another biometrics notice for Travel Document which will be on March 27. 

I will not be able to go because my husband has to work and I have no one to drive me there. I can’t drive since I don’t have a drivers license yet. On the notice it says I can reschedule it. However I’m still not sure if my husband is off work the next appointment date that they will give. 

I’m thinking of doing an early walk-in because husband is available on the 25th. My ASC is in Detroit. Anyone who has done early walk in at Detroit ASC and successfully able to do their biometrics? 

Thank you! 

Just an FYI since you mention doing a walk-in this month - as per the notice on here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

ALERT: As of March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has suspended routine in-person services until at least April 1 to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). USCIS staff will continue to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment contact the USCIS Contact Center.

Visit CoronaVirus.gov for a complete list of CDC travel health notices.

Learn about the Department of Homeland Security’s response.

Current ASC Appointments

• As of March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has suspended all biometrics appointments.
  • When USCIS again resumes normal operations, USCIS will automatically reschedule Application Support Center appointments due to the office closure. If you do not receive a new appointment notice by mail within 90 days, call 800-375-5283..
  • All ASC closures are posted on uscis.gov: For up to date closure information, visit the USCIS Office Closures page.
  • Note: USCIS is unable to automatically re-schedule appointments for Canadian and United Kingdom visa applicants.
    • Canada Visa Applicants: visit the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada website for updated information.
    • UK Visa Applicants: visit the UK Visas and Immigration website for updated information.

I wouldn't expect to be able to do a walk-in for the foreseeable future. If they scheduled you an appointment it will likely be cancelled and rescheduled, if it was necessary.

You could try calling USCIS to clarify things - I assume they still have staff taking calls.

Hi thanks for the replies! They actually sent me another email that says they took an action on my case and when I checked it, it was the biometrics for the Travel Document. I also called them and made sure it’s true. Lol. It is and I don’t have to do another biometrics. On the other hand, I received RFE notice for my AOS and it’s about the I-864. I missed some parts of the form but I’m still grateful that we have a quick action from them. Just nice to know they are working on our case. 

Keep safe and healthy everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.