57 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Rambava said:

Thanks for the explanation. I emailed them and I got an auto response which had a phone number on it. I gave it a shot and somebody picked up. Guess my lucky day. lol. 

Anyways the person was able to answer all my questions. They advised me to ask for the 'Course Analysis' for $170(10 business days). They also confirmed that all the certificates for one price. Also $120 extra for verification(DVS).

I am going to submit with them as of now and just hope they do the right thing. For $290 and 10 business days, seems like a decent deal if they really do a course by course evaluation.

Hope it works for you!  I was never, ever able to speak to them by phone!  Lol.

Bear in mind that the first document that comes out from them may have "Verification in Progress" for the verification portion (it'll still give the equivalency).  They say that pre-final verification document is fine to forward to USCIS at that point (because verification can take months).

Despite them saying it can take months, about 10 days after that I received the final version, but I'd already sent off the I-944.  As I said before, USCIS seems more concerned about the equivalency right now rather than the verification.  They can always RFE my original documents later.  

J  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, irishoxford said:

Hope it works for you!  I was never, ever able to speak to them by phone!  Lol.

Bear in mind that the first document that comes out from them may have "Verification in Progress" for the verification portion (it'll still give the equivalency).  They say that pre-final verification document is fine to forward to USCIS at that point (because verification can take months).

Despite them saying it can take months, about 10 days after that I received the final version, but I'd already sent off the I-944.  As I said before, USCIS seems more concerned about the equivalency right now rather than the verification.  They can always RFE my original documents later.  

J  

So for you did you take the 'Course Analysis' package or the general one? Also the first pre-verification documents came in exact 10 days or the final verified ones came in 10 days from putting the order?

3 minutes ago, Rambava said:

So for you did you take the 'Course Analysis' package or the general one? Also the first pre-verification documents came in exact 10 days or the final verified ones came in 10 days from putting the order?

I used the general analysis package.  It gave an analysis of equivalency.  Best to discuss this with SpanTran with the I-944 instructions right in front of you.  I think the general analysis fully answered that requirement (as you could see above in my direct quoting from the document).

That said, talk to them to put your mind at rest.

I paid to rush the original equivalency document.  I got that back in 2 days (with “verification pending”; the “verification complete” document came back 10 days thereafter.)

Timeline
9 minutes ago, irishoxford said:

I used the general analysis package.  It gave an analysis of equivalency.  Best to discuss this with SpanTran with the I-944 instructions right in front of you.  I think the general analysis fully answered that requirement (as you could see above in my direct quoting from the document).

That said, talk to them to put your mind at rest.

I paid to rush the original equivalency document.  I got that back in 2 days (with “verification pending”; the “verification complete” document came back 10 days thereafter.)

Okay Perfect! Thank you so much for all the help! I just submitted the docs and now the waiting game begins. 

On 4/15/2020 at 9:27 AM, Rambava said:

Okay Perfect! Thank you so much for all the help! I just submitted the docs and now the waiting game begins. 

For Language proficiency did you provide additional dosuments? Or only the evaluation for your degree? Seems silly to ask for Laguage proficiency for an English speaking language. (I am from Australia). 

Thanks.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, YvetteS said:

For Language proficiency did you provide additional dosuments? Or only the evaluation for your degree? Seems silly to ask for Laguage proficiency for an English speaking language. (I am from Australia). 

Thanks.

I haven't submitted any docs as I am still waiting on the equivalency docs and I-693 from the doctor. But to answer your question I reached out to the university if they have a copy of my TOEFL examination that I took in 2013 to come to USA for Masters. They never replied so I am planning to submit my high school certificate for equivalency as well. The certificate has all my three language classes that I took, with grades as well(which will be converted hopefully into GPA). Hope that answers your question. 

38 minutes ago, YvetteS said:

Thanks.

I submitted my Cambridge Proficiency Certificate. I don't actually think you need it as you are from an English-Speaking country. Maybe your English classes from high school if you had any would work?

9 minutes ago, Rambava said:

I haven't submitted any docs as I am still waiting on the equivalency docs and I-693 from the doctor. But to answer your question I reached out to the university if they have a copy of my TOEFL examination that I took in 2013 to come to USA for Masters. They never replied so I am planning to submit my high school certificate for equivalency as well. The certificate has all my three language classes that I took, with grades as well(which will be converted hopefully into GPA). Hope that answers your question. 

Thank you.

I think I am just going to include my university transcript and evaluation and hope it is enough. 

My Australian high school certificate is in Australia (I am in US now) and due to COVID-19 I have already been waiting 3 weeks for it to be delivered to my US address, but it may take months to arrive. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, YvetteS said:

Thank you.

I think I am just going to include my university transcript and evaluation and hope it is enough. 

My Australian high school certificate is in Australia (I am in US now) and due to COVID-19 I have already been waiting 3 weeks for it to be delivered to my US address, but it may take months to arrive. 

Yeah I would just go ahead and use your university transcripts! Best luck and keep us updated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/17/2020 at 10:53 PM, Rambava said:

Yeah I would just go ahead and use your university transcripts! Best luck and keep us updated!

Hello,please I will like to ask you few questions?Did you apply directly to Spantran for the evaluation by scanning your credentials to them through email or their website and also is the i-693 really important right now as we can not even get access to doctors for now due to the pandemic?

I will be glad to read from you soonest.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, tezz123 said:

Hello,please I will like to ask you few questions?Did you apply directly to Spantran for the evaluation by scanning your credentials to them through email or their website and also is the i-693 really important right now as we can not even get access to doctors for now due to the pandemic?

I will be glad to read from you soonest.

Hi thr! So Yes I got in touch with them twice over phone before I paid the fees and applied(completely online). The way it works is you start the application online and all you need is scanned copies of the original(good quality) to be uploaded. They do all the documents at once, meaning the high school and college from the foreign country. Atleast that is what I was told on the phone before I applied. 

Regarding the I-693, I live in SC so its not as tight of a situation here and I was able to access couple of places for the medical examination. I went with one of the lowest costing one( $375 including everything). I dont think it is utmost important to do so while initial application, but the only reason I did it because I had to wait anyways for the I-944 evaluation and the I-693 will be in my hand(sealed) before that. Also I might as well send a complete package once and for all. Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Hi thr! So Yes I got in touch with them twice over phone before I paid the fees and applied(completely online). The way it works is you start the application online and all you need is scanned copies of the original(good quality) to be uploaded. They do all the documents at once, meaning the high school and college from the foreign country. Atleast that is what I was told on the phone before I applied. 

Regarding the I-693, I live in SC so its not as tight of a situation here and I was able to access couple of places for the medical examination. I went with one of the lowest costing one( $375 including everything). I dont think it is utmost important to do so while initial application, but the only reason I did it because I had to wait anyways for the I-944 evaluation and the I-693 will be in my hand(sealed) before that. Also I might as well send a complete package once and for all. Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

How much did you pay for the evaluation?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, tezz123 said:

How much did you pay for the evaluation?

I think all in all it came down to $305(10 business days). It includes the following:

1. Evaluation of three degrees/certificate(course by course)

2. Verification of the certificate(Varies based on the country)

3. Two original hard copes to home(Shipping Cost)

Edited by Rambava

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rambava said:

I think all in all it came down to $305(10 business days). It includes the following:

1. Evaluation of three degrees/certificate(course by course)

2. Verification of the certificate(Varies based on the country)

3. Two original hard copes to home(Shipping Cost)

Okay...thank you so much....I don't think you actually need the course by course evaluation ,it probably should just be comparison with the degree from here.

moreover I think one degree which might be the highest degree should be recognized.

Verification might not be necessary also since you are not using it to apply for work or study,so the general evaluation should be sufficient.

Right now we don't even know if they will be opened in May as they announced and biometrics will be delayed ,without biometrics nothing can be done.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, tezz123 said:

Okay...thank you so much....I don't think you actually need the course by course evaluation ,it probably should just be comparison with the degree from here.

moreover I think one degree which might be the highest degree should be recognized.

Verification might not be necessary also since you are not using it to apply for work or study,so the general evaluation should be sufficient.

Right now we don't even know if they will be opened in May as they announced and biometrics will be delayed ,without biometrics nothing can be done.

I agree with most of the things you said. Although the reason I selected course by course as I plan to use my high school certificate as an evidence for the language efficiency certificate for the I-944. It lists all of my three language and the respictive grades. Also with SpanTran whether you give only college or all three the prices remain the same. Also I paid for verification because the only other option they give you to avoid that is to send the certificate from the university directly(sealed) which would defy the whole purpose of doing everything online. This is like do it once and you have it forever(especially if USCIS asks you for any stupid reason). BTW my highest degree is MS which was done in USA. So that itself should suffice for the most part. But I want to take as safe of a route as possible especially with the new I-944 form. 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.