andrecfa

No letter from Paris Embassy

9 posts in this topic

Hi. My name is Andre. Both me and my fiancee are concerned about a delay from the US embassy in Paris.

I'm living in Portugal, so interview will have to be done in Paris. On the 21th of January we received a notice from the National Visa Center saying that our case was forwarded to the embassy. But it's been almost two months now and I haven't received anything from the embassy so far.

A week ago, I used the form on the embassy website to ask them if they received our file, but so far I've received no reply either.

We're not sure what to do. Is this type of delay normal? Is the embassy putting K1 interviews on hold because of the virus, or something?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Try asking in the french subforum for more up to date information, but a few months ago when I looked into the Paris Embassy it was normal to have to wait for your interview for four months or so. I believe people started filling their DS-160s and locking down interview dates as soon as their CEAC status changed to received in Paris, long before they got their letters from the embassy, in order to shorten the wait for an interview as much as possible.

10 minutes ago, MelOe said:

Try asking in the french subforum for more up to date information, but a few months ago when I looked into the Paris Embassy it was normal to have to wait for your interview for four months or so. I believe people started filling their DS-160s and locking down interview dates as soon as their CEAC status changed to received in Paris, long before they got their letters from the embassy, in order to shorten the wait for an interview as much as possible.

Thank you so much for the reply. I would just ask for a couple clarifications:

- Our CEAC status says "Ready". Does that mean I can schedule the interview? Or will it actually change to "Received" at some point?

- Exactly where can I schedule the interview? I'm confused on that point because on the link bellow it says if you are a Portugal resident, appointment registration not required.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/PRS-Paris.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, andrecfa said:

Thank you so much for the reply. I would just ask for a couple clarifications:

- Our CEAC status says "Ready". Does that mean I can schedule the interview? Or will it actually change to "Received" at some point?

- Exactly where can I schedule the interview? I'm confused on that point because on the link bellow it says if you are a Portugal resident, appointment registration not required.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/PRS-Paris.html

When the status says ready you are good to go

I found out where I'm supposed to schedule the interview, but I'm pretty hesitant to do this without having received the letter. Is it really okay?

Because at every choice it says something down the lines of "I have received instructions to schedule an interview appointment date from the U.S. Embassy where I will be interviewed".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
3 hours ago, andrecfa said:

I found out where I'm supposed to schedule the interview, but I'm pretty hesitant to do this without having received the letter. Is it really okay?

Because at every choice it says something down the lines of "I have received instructions to schedule an interview appointment date from the U.S. Embassy where I will be interviewed".

It depends on the embassy, I guess?

I was in similar situation a while ago, my status was Ready but embassy didn’t reach at us as they hadn’t received our case yet and they told me I might be able to proceed next steps once I receive an instruction letter from them. (But my case was transferred from one embassy to another, so maybe little bit different?) three weeks later, we got a notification letter from embassy and booked the interview. All I want to suggest is keep communicating with embassy via either call or email... good luck! 🍀 

Edited by Yeonju

47 minutes ago, Yeonju said:

It depends on the embassy, I guess?

I was in similar situation a while ago, my status was Ready but embassy didn’t reach at us as they hadn’t received our case yet and they told me I might be able to proceed next steps once I receive an instruction letter from them. (But my case was transferred from one embassy to another, so maybe little bit different?) three weeks later, we got a notification letter from embassy and booked the interview. All I want to suggest is keep communicating with embassy via either call or email... good luck! 🍀 

Okay, thank you. I'd love to communicate with the embassy but they didn't answer the email I sent them two weeks ago via contact form... 😕 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.