Don0

Another email from CEAC?

6 posts in this topic

I already have my interview sked and also have done my medical. However, just now, I received this email from Manila IV Info. It says:

"Congratulations on your upcoming immigrant visa interview.  Your file is now with the U.S. Embassy in Manila.  Please bring the original copies of the documents marked below (except for the Affidavit of Support, which can be a copy).  Please also scan and upload documents into the CEAC portal (using your login) for the documents marked in RED.  Instructions on how to upload documents into the CEAC portal is also attached for your reference."

Below shows small icons with other marked with red X, so I assume this is what they mean "marked red". But I have uploaded all of these and even upon checking CEAC, they are still all there. 

Does this ask me to upload everything again?

Thank you!

20200312_145236.jpg

19 minutes ago, Don0 said:

I already have my interview sked and also have done my medical. However, just now, I received this email from Manila IV Info. It says:

"Congratulations on your upcoming immigrant visa interview.  Your file is now with the U.S. Embassy in Manila.  Please bring the original copies of the documents marked below (except for the Affidavit of Support, which can be a copy).  Please also scan and upload documents into the CEAC portal (using your login) for the documents marked in RED.  Instructions on how to upload documents into the CEAC portal is also attached for your reference."

Below shows small icons with other marked with red X, so I assume this is what they mean "marked red". But I have uploaded all of these and even upon checking CEAC, they are still all there. 

Does this ask me to upload everything again?

Thank you!

20200312_145236.jpg

Here's another picture from the email on an iPhone.

20200312_151458.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes that is what it is asking you to do, that email is "from" the embassy.  Upload those documents again, only this time they are for the embassy.  Until yesterday even (being you are the first for posting this that I have seen) all those documents were to be hand carried to the embassy for the interview ... which I would highly recommend still  (and please report back if the embassy kept these originals).

2019 was a year of many new procedures, and it appears now 2020 will be more new procedures (but this one I was expecting).

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Gather all documents as listed in the DOCUMENT CHECKLIST  (STEP 5).  You may have provided these documents during the NVC processing but are still required, once more, for the interview process.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Oh and for the NBI, do make sure it has an AKA for all names used (maiden name and married name, etc)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

58 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yes that is what it is asking you to do, that email is "from" the embassy.  Upload those documents again, only this time they are for the embassy.  Until yesterday even (being you are the first for posting this that I have seen) all those documents were to be hand carried to the embassy for the interview ... which I would highly recommend still  (and please report back if the embassy kept these originals).

2019 was a year of many new procedures, and it appears now 2020 will be more new procedures (but this one I was expecting).

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Gather all documents as listed in the DOCUMENT CHECKLIST  (STEP 5).  You may have provided these documents during the NVC processing but are still required, once more, for the interview process.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Oh and for the NBI, do make sure it has an AKA for all names used (maiden name and married name, etc)

So I upload it again on the CEAC website? Yes, I would bring all the originals as advised. This is just too weird to have them ask me to upload but I have already done so. 

Also, I can't seem to find this step you posted in the link. I have read it somewhere tho but assumed it meant the hard copy original documents.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Don0 said:

So I upload it again on the CEAC website? Yes, I would bring all the originals as advised. This is just too weird to have them ask me to upload but I have already done so. 

Also, I can't seem to find this step you posted in the link. I have read it somewhere tho but assumed it meant the hard copy original documents.

Do read through the guide I linked to you in my previous post, under the Required Documents TAB is a link to the embassy 5 STEPS and their documents checklist < do make sure to have everything as noted in the 5th step.

Like said, this is new .. you are the first that has posted about receiving an email before the interview to upload documents to CEAC.  Once I see this to be the new standard the website will reflect this.  Until now the embassy has only requested documents to be uploaded when the embassy issued a 221g for missing documents (which is noted on the website under the Interview TAB, along with links)

The below does not refer to you at this time, just a reference:

After the Interview DID YOU RECEIVE A 221g for requested documents?

If after the interview you were given an instructions sheet requesting additional document(s) and then instructions to go to www.ustraveldocs.com?  The web link may be a little incomplete.  (Hopefully the embassy will update this sheet to include a more direct web address)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Do read through the guide I linked to you in my previous post, under the Required Documents TAB is a link to the embassy 5 STEPS and their documents checklist < do make sure to have everything as noted in the 5th step.

Like said, this is new .. you are the first that has posted about receiving an email before the interview to upload documents to CEAC.  Once I see this to be the new standard the website will reflect this.  Until now the embassy has only requested documents to be uploaded when the embassy issued a 221g for missing documents (which is noted on the website under the Interview TAB, along with links)

The below does not refer to you at this time, just a reference:

After the Interview DID YOU RECEIVE A 221g for requested documents?

If after the interview you were given an instructions sheet requesting additional document(s) and then instructions to go to www.ustraveldocs.com?  The web link may be a little incomplete.  (Hopefully the embassy will update this sheet to include a more direct web address)

Okay thank you. We were also thinking that this could be due to a very old NVC inquiry we had this January about an update on our case. NVC also sent us about it so this is probably it. 

As always, thank you again Hank! Anyways, my interview would probably be re scheduled I think, with all this COVID 19 news. 😥 praying for everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.