Together4ever

Egypt Call Center

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If you have followed the blunder that was Mohammed's interview in Cairo, the Embassy has called him back to complete his interview and hopefully his visa process. The Embassy on Sunday requested he call the 0900 call center number so that he could get a time to come back and finish. He has called the number 3 times and the people refuse to give him any admittance. I have emailed the Embassy about it and they requested a full explanation of the problem which I sent them this morning.

They have kept him on the phone consuming almost 100 LE of his money asking him to repeat over and over what he wanted. He has given explanations to them until he is blue. He has told them he was REQUESTED to call them and get an appointment. He has given his case number. The woman this morning even want so far to require his passport number. He told her his passport is with his papers inside the embassy. She said she would not help him without the number so the poor guy went to the office that issued his passport, got the number, called back and they LAUGED AT HIM and said it was impossible they do not give appointments.

I reported all this to the Embassy but have no idea if they will help. Mohammed can't complete this if he can't get back in. WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO???? Does anyone out there have experience with this moronic call center?

I am at my wits end.

Nope, no help on this problem with the call center . . . I didn't manage to get a call through because it was a "paid" call and blocked by the phone in the flat where I was staying (for obvious reasons).

I think you did what you can do by emailing the consulate to explain the problem.

Sorry this is happening.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I don't know what to tell you, other than to keep calling and emailing. Insha'allah you will get a hold of someone soon who doesn't have his head up his ***.

Thoughts and prayers with you.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry you are going through this. Beleive me, I know how you feel. I left my home in December to move to Egypt with my fiance till the process is over. It has been 14 months since we filed the K-1. Very depressing we you see others getting approved and you don't. We had more luck with my fiance emailing the embassy. We never had luck with the call center, just took our money. They seem to be responding quickly to the emails. Not what we want to hear, but they are responding.

Right now the embassy basically has my husband as being dead on the public records. YES, you read right. :huh: My fiance had a brother that died a few years ago and somehow, put him as being dead instead of his brother. Go figure! We were told that this is easily corrected, however it has just added more time to the process.

Keep on top of the embassy and get some answers. I will be thinking of you.

Sorry you are going through this. Beleive me, I know how you feel. I left my home in December to move to Egypt with my fiance till the process is over. It has been 14 months since we filed the K-1. Very depressing we you see others getting approved and you don't. We had more luck with my fiance emailing the embassy. We never had luck with the call center, just took our money. They seem to be responding quickly to the emails. Not what we want to hear, but they are responding.

Right now the embassy basically has my husband as being dead on the public records. YES, you read right. :huh: My fiance had a brother that died a few years ago and somehow, put him as being dead instead of his brother. Go figure! We were told that this is easily corrected, however it has just added more time to the process.

Keep on top of the embassy and get some answers. I will be thinking of you.

I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. Having lived in Egypt 8 months, I know well what things can run like there. I expected this the moment I heard "call center" but it still doesn't feel very good to know that someone's games are standing between you and completion. I realize we probably still have AR but I would like the CHANCE to get that far.

The embassy has been wonderful about responding the next day. We had a bumble when he submitted his papers and I was concerned he had put the wrong number on his papers. The embassy assured me they would be able to identify him and that if his letter for his interview didn't arrive to just use their email to get in. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THIS WILL BE THEIR ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

As a US citizen you can call the Embassy. I did, but it has been almost two years ago. The time difference was the easiest thing to deal with. With some persistance and after being hung up on more than once, I was finally able to speak to someone who understood and spoke English. This was very helpful to me and while I didn't get the news I wanted to hear, I did hang up the phone with some understanding of what was going on and I think that is what you and your fiance need right now.

When I read your previous post I couldn't believe he would get a visa without an interview.

Good luck

I feel like I have been nothing but a big baby. I have been so steady throughout most of our process, but the moment the interview stuff got all screwy, the wheels just came off. I feel like I should apologize to all of you for my whining and ranting. So many of us are in the same boat. Thanks for not banning me for me my spouting!!! :wacko:

You have every right to vent, these people are really giving you the runaround! At least the Casa consulate doesn't charge you to talk to them (although it's next to impossible to talk to a real person). I think right now what you need is to step back and wait for them to respond to your email in which you explained the entire situation. It sounds like they have been responsive to you so far, so you just have to wait on their reply. I know all you want is to know what's going on, but unfortunately you're probably going to just have to wait until they get in touch with you.

I would suggest getting away from Visa Journey for a while (we love to have you, but sometimes when you read all about everyone else sailing through without going through the ####### you're going through it feels more urgent that you get the visa right away and just makes things more frustrating), and renting a bunch of movies or going out with some friends to get your mind off of this.

You'll come out on the other side of this, I promise, you just have to wait a little longer.

Hugs

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

just_waiting. I am curious to when you started your process???

Wow... I'm struggling to remember. It was September, 2005. I had to go look.

You have every right to vent, these people are really giving you the runaround! At least the Casa consulate doesn't charge you to talk to them (although it's next to impossible to talk to a real person). I think right now what you need is to step back and wait for them to respond to your email in which you explained the entire situation. It sounds like they have been responsive to you so far, so you just have to wait on their reply. I know all you want is to know what's going on, but unfortunately you're probably going to just have to wait until they get in touch with you.

I would suggest getting away from Visa Journey for a while (we love to have you, but sometimes when you read all about everyone else sailing through without going through the ####### you're going through it feels more urgent that you get the visa right away and just makes things more frustrating), and renting a bunch of movies or going out with some friends to get your mind off of this.

You'll come out on the other side of this, I promise, you just have to wait a little longer.

Hugs

Sharon

Really good sound advice. I guess I just needed to melt down and get it out of my system. Mohammed and I sat together tonight and vowed for the last hour not to speak of Embassies or visas. It was the best thing we did all week. And I'll tell you, there is one bright little jewel emerging from all this much. Our relationship is shining and stronger then ever, so for that I say alhamdu lellah for all of it... and for meeting the wonderful people here too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just_Waiting, I hope this process is over for you soon! I will hope and pray for a speedy reunion for you and all the VJ members.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.