Thunderbolt

Document collection before AOS interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I started collecting documents for our interview, scheduled interpreter (just in case) to come over with us, but I have few questions regarding the points from the interview notice letter.

They've asked us to bring:

- A completed medical examination (Form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted).

My wife did the medical examination and vaccination in Thailand before coming to US. Do we really need to do it all over again?

- A completed Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) with all required evidence, including the following for the each of your sponsors (unless already submitted)

I have submitted AoS when I filed I-485. Do I need to do new one?

- Your petitioner's Birth Certificate and your petitioner's evidence of United States Citizenship.

I wasn't born in US, but I've became US citizen 20 years ago. I have my citizenship certificate. Do I still need to provide my birth certificate?

So I'm stuck on these 3 points. Can someone please clarify them to me?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

- A completed medical examination (Form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted).

My wife did the medical examination and vaccination in Thailand before coming to US. Do we really need to do it all over again?

Presuming no issues were found and all vaccinations were marked complete from the exam with the panel physician Thailand, and you filed within a year of the exam in Thailand, then your wife's medical exam counts as "already submitted".

- A completed Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) with all required evidence, including the following for the each of your sponsors (unless already submitted)

I have submitted AoS when I filed I-485. Do I need to do new one?

What's complicated here? You already submitted one, so you don't need a new one.

- Your petitioner's Birth Certificate and your petitioner's evidence of United States Citizenship.

I wasn't born in US, but I've became US citizen 20 years ago. I have my citizenship certificate. Do I still need to provide my birth certificate?

Again, what's confusing? They're asking for both, and since you were not born in the US, your birth certificate is not evidence of US citizenship.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks Dave. What confuses me is that they've asked for it in the letter. I assume that this is 'typical' letter being sent to everyone?

I want to make sure that I have everything needed before I go for our interview.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Thanks Dave. What confuses me is that they've asked for it in the letter. I assume that this is 'typical' letter being sent to everyone?

Yup. My wife got asked for exactly the same things.

Though we did have a copy of the DS-3025 from her medical exam in Russia, so we made another copy of it and brought it. And printed out another copy of the I-864. But they didn't actually ask for them or take them.

And my birth certificate would have been proof of US citizenship on its own.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.