AshleyHope0618

A-number on I-134?

6 posts in this topic

We are currently working on the I-134 and have come across the section for the A-number to be placed.  I have seen that some people put nothing but I also have an A-number listed above my partners name on the NOA2.  I am assuming this is the number they are looking for and that I should be writing that number in on the documents? Also, while I am here asking, on the Intend/Do not Intend, I have seen many people saying to leave it blank and put an explanation in the additional information section, yet some people have stated that London sometimes likes to have that marked.  So would it be advisable to select Yes, then provide something along the lines of "N/A (FILING I-129F FOR MY FIANCE TO BEGIN K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE) I intend to provide any and all necessary support, including but not limited to: financial, medical and cost of living." Im just trying to make sure I am covered :D Thanks for all your help, I imagine I will be in here asking further questions as I think of them. 

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

but I also have an A-number listed above my partners name on the NOA2.  I am assuming this is the number they are looking for and that I should be writing that number in on the documents?

That is the A-number.

1 hour ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

Also, while I am here asking, on the Intend/Do not Intend, I have seen many people saying to leave it blank and put an explanation in the additional information section, yet some people have stated that London sometimes likes to have that marked. 

I think the “London likes...” part is an old story going back to 2008/2009. I remember the guy and when he posted it. His interviewer said it should be marked so he posted a big warning in this forum. It was a one-off situation but got handed down. I would put that in the London myth category. My personal observation is just about anything you put is going to be fine. I don’t think it is ever an issue in London. Nobody in this forum as talked about it for years. They barely look at the form and require little in the proof of income. Put anything that sounds good to you. Not a deal breaker question.

Back when this question 38 was question 11, there was a line right beside it to write N/A or a few words. Now you have to explain on the extra pages so not choosing either makes it look like you forgot a question.

In my mind what you have put in bold is two answers—

—N/A means you aren’t choosing either answer because it’s not applicable to a K1visa

—Choosing Intend says to indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions you intend to provide... so the vague list instead of the specifics they ask for.

Neither way exactly addresses a K1, but you’re going to find many more situations that don’t exactly fit a K1 when your fiance gets to the US. Don’t lose sleep over this question. Not that important.

Edited by Wuozopo

21 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

That is the A-number.

Neither way exactly addresses a K1, but you’re going to find many more situations that don’t exactly fit a K1 when your fiance gets to the US. Don’t lose sleep over this question. Not that important.

Ok, so basically, write the A number thats on the NOA2 on the 134, thanks! 

Yeah I try to read up on things before I post questions and I wasnt 100% sure on what to put there and had seen several people mention the whole London likes thing. I think that I will not mark a box and just put the N/A part in the additional information. Thanks for your help @Wuozopo

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

Ok, so basically, write the A number thats on the NOA2 on the 134, thanks! 

Yeah I try to read up on things before I post questions and I wasnt 100% sure on what to put there and had seen several people mention the whole London likes thing. I think that I will not mark a box and just put the N/A part in the additional information. Thanks for your help @Wuozopo

Or write it in by hand beside your blank boxes. “N/A. K1 visa” 

This form isn’t so formal that it would hurt you. 

Going way back to the original guy who said London wants it checked...the interviewer let him check a box and it wasn’t even his form to fill out. Not that strict of a deal. I don’t think anybody has ever gotten an RFE to redo based on this question. And you will not have to prove income in five different ways. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.