Kaykay2019

Do I need to request a multiple filer waiver?

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I will most likely be filing for the fiancé visa for my fiancé in May, but I have been married before and recently divorced my ex husband in September 2019. I did not file a fiancé visa for my ex husband because we met here, but I did file the AOS for him after we got married since he was on a student visa. According to him he has an upcoming interview for his citizenship in July 2020. I am clearly not going to be part of it because we divorced. now. My question is will I need a multiple filer waiver even though our case was different? I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want to get all the information to ensure that we get approved the first time I apply with no RFEs. Thanks in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kaykay2019 said:

Hello everyone, I will most likely be filing for the fiancé visa for my fiancé in May, but I have been married before and recently divorced my ex husband in September 2019. I did not file a fiancé visa for my ex husband because we met here, but I did file the AOS for him after we got married since he was on a student visa. According to him he has an upcoming interview for his citizenship in July 2020. I am clearly not going to be part of it because we divorced. now. My question is will I need a multiple filer waiver even though our case was different? I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want to get all the information to ensure that we get approved the first time I apply with no RFEs. Thanks in advance!

Read carefully the requirements for what constitutes a  multiple i129f filer.  You will discover you are not one

YMMV

17 hours ago, payxibka said:

Read carefully the requirements for what constitutes a  multiple i129f filer.  You will discover you are not one

Thanks, I read it, but I was still unclear about it because I also saw others asking similar questions about the multiple filer and they are told that they need to file a multiple filer waiver. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kaykay2019 said:

Thanks, I read it, but I was still unclear about it because I also saw others asking similar questions about the multiple filer and they are told that they need to file a multiple filer waiver. 

No where in the instructions is the  I130 mentioned.   Multiple i129fs is very different 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.