LadyInGreggs

Medical exam - GP patient summary requirements

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just got back from my medical exam in London, one thing they asked for over the phone and in the email that is not listed on the embassy website is a "GP patient summary". The clinic said it is a relatively new requirement so I'm sharing what I found out about it.

Now they didn't give any details as to what needed to be on this summary so I asked at my GP reception for a summary and they just printed out current conditions, medications etc.

So at the medical today the doctor said the GP summary needs to include present AND past conditions (major and minor) and present AND past medications.

Luckily I just have to get that and I can email it to them so it isn't too much of an issue but this is just as information to help other people who aren't sure what altogether they need on this patient summary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information. I moved a few times recently and my medical records are lost, possibly forever, from what I'm being told.  My patient summary has barely anything on it. I do have a letter saying they have looked but they have no time frame.

Maybe because they know this happens occasionally in the NHS, they may be understand 😕?

Edited by Tristesse

12 hours ago, Tristesse said:

My patient summary has barely anything on it.

It doesn't matter, if your patient summary has little on it then thats the way it is.

This is what I presented at my medical and it was accepted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Adding to above—-If you take medications or had any illnesses/conditions/surgeries not covered on the summary, then get the GP or practice to write a statement describing those. They are looking for information on bigger conditions asthma, diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, etc, etc, not the flu or an ingrown toenail. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.