9 posts in this topic

Hi,

My husband and I have sent form I-751 on March 1 2019. We just received a letter in the mail asking for RFE. Seems like on the form, my husband signed both part 7 and 8. They want me to sign on part 7 and send it back to them. We are just unsure if they want the whole form again or only the part 7. The letter is not very specific. They also sent a copy of the page where I was meant to sign showing my husband's signature. Has anyone made this mistake and can advice us on how to send the RFE correctly? 

The letter says:

"On March 1, 2019, you and your petitioning spouse jointly filed Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, pursuant to section 216 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

You have not established eligibility to have the conditions on your residency removed. Please submit your response of this request for evidence along with a copy of this notice.

PETITION SIGNATURE

The supporting evidence indicates that you filed Form I-751 jountly based on your marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. "My name here" did not sign in Part 7 of the petition, instead "my husband's name here" signed in part 7 & 8. A signature is required for USCIS to process your Form I-751.

Please ensure that "my name here" signs Part 7 of the petition in block 6.a. and return the signed petition to this office.

PLACE THIS ENTIRE LETTER ON TOP OF YOUR REPONSE. SUBMISSION OF EVIDENCE WITHOUT THIS LETTER WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF YOUR CASE AND MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL. PLEASE USE THE ENCLOSED ENVELOPE TO MAIL THE ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE REQUESTED BACK TO THIS OFFICE."

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Alexandra19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Alexandra19 said:

PLACE THIS ENTIRE LETTER ON TOP OF YOUR REPONSE. SUBMISSION OF EVIDENCE WITHOUT THIS LETTER WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF YOUR CASE AND MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL. PLEASE USE THE ENCLOSED ENVELOPE TO MAIL THE ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE REQUESTED BACK TO THIS OFFICE."

Thank you in advance. 

☝️USCIS already gave you the instructions. There are no other instructions. 

You sign part 7, USC signs part 8. Then send it back, together with the RFE letter. That's all.

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Aping27 said:

Hi,

I also made this mistake. What do you think should I do? Do I have to wait for the USCIS to send me the RFE or do I have to send it now? 

How long was the RFE sent to you? Did you receive your green card now? 

I would wait until USCIS sends you a RFE. They won't accept anything without you RFE letter. 

REF was sent 11 months after I sent my initial application and I'm still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. Just be patient. They will contact you. 

2 hours ago, Alexandra19 said:

I would wait until USCIS sends you a RFE. They won't accept anything without you RFE letter. 

REF was sent 11 months after I sent my initial application and I'm still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. Just be patient. They will contact you. 

I honestly did not know that I am the petitioner now. Sigh. Had I know, I wouldn’t let my partner sign it. But did you receive your extension letter already? So you can apply for citizenship now then? 

5 hours ago, Aping27 said:

I honestly did not know that I am the petitioner now. Sigh. Had I know, I wouldn’t let my partner sign it. But did you receive your extension letter already? So you can apply for citizenship now then? 

Yes, I applied last week. So we are just waiting now. 

On 2/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, Alexandra19 said:

Hi,

My husband and I have sent form I-751 on March 1 2019. We just received a letter in the mail asking for RFE. Seems like on the form, my husband signed both part 7 and 8. They want me to sign on part 7 and send it back to them. We are just unsure if they want the whole form again or only the part 7. The letter is not very specific. They also sent a copy of the page where I was meant to sign showing my husband's signature. Has anyone made this mistake and can advice us on how to send the RFE correctly? 

The letter says:

"On March 1, 2019, you and your petitioning spouse jointly filed Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, pursuant to section 216 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

You have not established eligibility to have the conditions on your residency removed. Please submit your response of this request for evidence along with a copy of this notice.

PETITION SIGNATURE

The supporting evidence indicates that you filed Form I-751 jountly based on your marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. "My name here" did not sign in Part 7 of the petition, instead "my husband's name here" signed in part 7 & 8. A signature is required for USCIS to process your Form I-751.

Please ensure that "my name here" signs Part 7 of the petition in block 6.a. and return the signed petition to this office.

Thank you in advance. 

Did you print all the pages of the form I-751 or you just printed the pages that you were required to sign?

On 2/9/2020 at 2:35 PM, Timona said:

☝️USCIS already gave you the instructions. There are no other instructions. 

You sign part 7, USC signs part 8. Then send it back, together with the RFE letter. That's all.

Do I need to print all the pages of the form I-751? Or just print the part or the page that needs to signed or corrected?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
22 hours ago, Aping27 said:

Do I need to print all the pages of the form I-751? Or just print the part or the page that needs to signed or corrected?

Just the page that needs to be corrected

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.