4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Our interview was in a few days. Received an update sometime back on the app.

"Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered"

Donno how to react. Shud I laugh or feel upset! Lol... 9 months and now more wait.... 🙄

Has anyone else's interview being cancelled or was cancelled?

How long do they take to reschedule? My FO is Denver.

Has anyone received their GC without having an interview after it got cancelled?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Mine wasn't canceled back in October, didn't proceed because they thought my wife needed a translator ( Long story). Took them till a few days ago to reschedule, almost exactly 4 months, this is Las Vegas, Nevada office. Hopefully they reschedule you quickly, when they did reschedule the notice came from the local office directly, not from the Main USCIS like the first notice. Hopefully this gives you an idea, and I hope not 4 months.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Mine wasn't canceled back in October, didn't proceed because they thought my wife needed a translator ( Long story). Took them till a few days ago to reschedule, almost exactly 4 months, this is Las Vegas, Nevada office. Hopefully they reschedule you quickly, when they did reschedule the notice came from the local office directly, not from the Main USCIS like the first notice. Hopefully this gives you an idea, and I hope not 4 months.

So they took 4 months to reschedule or to conduct a new interview? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Liflead said:

So they took 4 months to reschedule or to conduct a new interview? 

Correct. First interview was early October ( check my timeline) and just did our interview February 5th, 2 days ago. Funny thing, this time is was smooth as silk, got interviewed by the big guy/ supervisor, he was straight to the point, and didn't mess around. He did ask why we weren't approved at the first interview, I said it seemed to me that the IO just didn't want to do the interview ( It was late in the day at closing time, this one was 7am) and was looking to leave. He said, that explains why she no longer works here, and I had to pick up her cases. He came thru, said were more than approved, I received the email that card was being produced not even 2 hours after the interview ( interview was at 7:15am, I received E-mail on the way home at 9:08am) Even though I was not happy with the way the first round went, they managed to really impress me the second time around, but I too was hoping to be re-interviewed within a month, the IO even said it only takes a month to reschedule when we left ( She said they are required to give at the minimum 3 weeks notice to appear for the interview, so figure a month or so). Hopefully this is the case for you, and you get rescheduled within a month, but I suspect that would be the fastest it could happen.

As a side note, I have never heard of anyone getting their card after a canceled interview, seems like they are interviewing every K1 that AOS's

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.