billymaro

affidavit of support

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My father is a greencard  holder and petition his minor child (my sister) and my dad lives with me and my husband . my dad income is under poverty level and my income is also under poverty level , however my husband income is most sufficient . i am a little bit confused if i need to sign the I-864 A as well as my husband so that we can combine our income , or just have my husband which is the son in law to just be a joint sponsor? thank you 

15 minutes ago, billymaro said:

My father is a greencard  holder and petition his minor child (my sister) and my dad lives with me and my husband . my dad income is under poverty level and my income is also under poverty level , however my husband income is most sufficient . i am a little bit confused if i need to sign the I-864 A as well as my husband so that we can combine our income , or just have my husband which is the son in law to just be a joint sponsor? thank you 

If you all qualify to be roped into the same household, you can all combine your income with I-864 and I-864A. The income must be sufficient to cover all household members PLUS any intending immigrants. Anyone can joint sponsor an intending immigrant, however the relationship with the immigrant should be explained, such as son in law, family friend, etc.

do note that the bare minimum is not a guaranteed approval. The more financial stability the better. 

visa Issued

2 minutes ago, billymaro said:

@SorrowLso my dad will be I -186a and for me and my husband will each sign the I-1864 A ? thanks!

The I-864 main filler must be the petitioner. Regardless of income. If the other family members qualify as household members (review I-864 instructions), then yes you can add their income via I-864A. All I-864A persons must prove LPR or citizenship status and submit tax transcripts of their most recent tax year.

visa Issued

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 2/5/2020 at 8:05 PM, billymaro said:

Hi are you using the existing I864 form or new version? I am confused if I am on time and try to understand which is the submission date applied for the Feb 24 deadline

the DS-260, I-864(old), and all civil documents by Feb 24.

or

the DS-260 and I-864(old) only by Feb 24.

or

the I864 (old) + tax document only by Feb 24

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, JuJu83 said:

On 2/5/2020 at 9:05 PM, billymaro said:

Hi are you using the existing I864 form or new version? I am confused if I am on time and try to understand which is the submission date applied for the Feb 24 deadline

the DS-260, I-864(old), and all civil documents by Feb 24.

or

the DS-260 and I-864(old) only by Feb 24.

or

the I864 (old) + tax document only by Feb

I had to use the version that was available at that time but I believe that there updated one..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.