hasretk51

NVC wrong visa class

11 posts in this topic

Today I got the email from NVC for case creation for my case but when I log into CEAC. There is no IV application fee to pay and my visa class is F24 even though my CSPA age is under 21 years old. As you can see from the picture I attached, my petition was pending for more than 2 and half years and when I subtract that time from my actual age at that time, my CSPA age is under 21 years old. My father is an LPR by the way.

Ek Açıklama 2020-02-05 182437.jpg

Did you contact NVC to have them apply CSPA?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, hasretk51 said:

I did fill the askNVC form but they are responding to forms they received at December 10 2019 so there is a 2 month delay. I tried to call NVC too but it just says every officer is busy and hangs up.

Try calling NVC at their opening time. Don't remember the exact time but sure u can find it googling it. Probably u will need to hold for a while to get an officer. Try calling from Skype, hangouts etc so u won't rack up a huge fee. Or ask your dad to call them from an US phone number.

17 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Try calling NVC at their opening time. Don't remember the exact time but sure u can find it googling it. Probably u will need to hold for a while to get an officer. Try calling from Skype, hangouts etc so u won't rack up a huge fee. Or ask your dad to call them from an US phone number.

I finally managed to call NVC. The officer said he would direct this issue to her superviser. I am %100 sure my CSPA calculations are correct. I hope NVC resolves this soon.

On 2/5/2020 at 1:15 PM, hasretk51 said:

I finally managed to call NVC. The officer said he would direct this issue to her superviser. I am %100 sure my CSPA calculations are correct. I hope NVC resolves this soon.

I also got my application for Supervisor review on Friday. lets see what they say. My visa class was wrong on CEAC website. 

post update here, if you hear back I will do the same

Just now, stech786 said:

I also got my application for Supervisor review on Friday. lets see what they say. My visa class was wrong on CEAC website. 

post update here, if you hear back I will do the same

They corrected mine yesterday. I got NVC to correct their mistake in less than 48 hours. Should be a record. I think it was the e-mail that my congressman wrote to them.

2 minutes ago, hasretk51 said:

They corrected mine yesterday. I got NVC to correct their mistake in less than 48 hours. Should be a record. I think it was the e-mail that my congressman wrote to them.

Thats great news!!!!

I did the same. Contacted my local congressman office and then called NVC, same day. 

Did they do it over the phone or sent your email or did you just keep checking CEAC website

Edited by stech786

On 2/8/2020 at 10:49 AM, hasretk51 said:

This is what my congress office got back

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your inquiry.  In our efforts to provide you and your constituent with the most accurate and up to date information, we are reviewing the status of this petition.  We will notify you when this review is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.