AFQuaid

Arming Myself For The Medical....

10 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

I've been gathering things to help me with the medical. We figure my medical condition may be an issue and after reading the medical guide from VJ on what people with MS have gone through I'm arming myself now ready to FIGHT ! I swear I don't know how I'll react if my genetic disorder will be the cause of a denial...

Anyway here is what I've been doing:

1. Printed off fact sheet from the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign on my particular disorder....my disorder affects 200 people worldwide so I doubt the medical doc will know of it.

2. Contacted the support group I'm in for this (has 12 members from accross the globe) and asked for positive letters....i.e what they have done with their lives DESPITE the illness.

3. Wrote letters to my previous doctors asking them to provide us with a letter on my diagnosis and why each of them is involved and my current issues

I don't know what else really to arm myself with. The issue I think is going to be because my condition slowly deteriates with time....the MS example in the guide refered to one who rapidly deteriorated and one in remission....so I'm kinda in the middle... :unsure:. Do I try to get more information on my condition for the medical.....I've had a look all over the web but can only find case reports and well...mostly they are morbid. The factsheet I printed out didn't contain anything of the sort.

Any advice would be appresiated. I want to be prepared if they question me.

Also if I'm denied on account of medical instability, what the heck do I do? apply for another visa, what another year apart?

Fiona

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

I honestly cannot see why they would deny you based on your medical issues , I can understand denial if you had TB or some highly contagious disease but in your case I just can't see why! However, this is my extremely uneducated on the visa process except my personal experience opinion. I sincerely hope that you get through all of this like a breeze and the medical things aren't ever an issue! :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

fiona ...

i have been following your and andrew's case from almost the beginning!! i am totally in your corner and if there is ever anything i can do for either of you ... please don't hesitate to let me know! :thumbs:

a nice bit of info for you:

Are all physical or mental disorders considered “medically-related grounds of ineligibility”?

No. The Civil Surgeon or Panel Physician must determine that there is no harmful behavior associated with the disorder in question. If you have a history of a physical or a mental disorder, there must be a harmful behavior that is likely to recur in order for it to make you ineligible. If your condition has no associated harmful behavior, then you can proceed with your application process. (source)

you may want to arm yourself with some sort of information regarding your care once you are in the US. where are you going to live and who is going to provide your care, etc. they may want to know that your disability is not going to lead you into becoming a public charge. <<< all of that is just a guess though!

good luck!! :thumbs: when is your medical??

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Gimygirl TY so much.... Brillient....Also it gave me the idea to perhaps have my fiances mom write a letter for me to take to the medical to say she's agreed to be my caregiver...

Love hurts

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

You'll do anything

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

"I don't know what else really to arm myself with. The issue I think is going to be because my condition slowly deteriates with time...."

We ALL deteriate with time (just look at my condition). I really do not know much about MS. Be positive, believe in yourself (I can tell that you already do) and you both will succeed. Yes, You are armed with a lot of information and I think you are ready to fight!!!!

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Oh just a thought, would it be nessecary you think to bring information on my fiances MD too?

And we don't have a medical yet...still waiting for packet 3.....any day now....

Edited by AFQuaid

Love hurts

Love Loves

You'll do anything

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Perhaps too you could get a note from your Doctor stating that you are able to travel. Just an idea.

Met Online 10/08/2004

05/15/2005 Take 4 hour drive overnight to airport to catch early morning plane

05/16/2005 Arrive in Manila in the evening wait overnight in outdoor waiting area for early morning flight.

05/17/2005 A day and a half travel it is Wednesday Morning Philippine time Tuesday Evening my time zone me and my Fiancee finally meet face to face

at 6:30 in the morning!

07/21/2005 After much pain staking detailed effort and hours of researching petition is finally off! The waiting begins.

07/27/2005 Receive NOA 1

09/24/2005 Case status online shows approved! :o)

09/26/2005 Receive NOA 2 in the mail

10/26/2005 Case still not received by <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> repeated phone calles for the following month and a half.

11/09/2005 Told over the phone that NSC will be retreiving the file to resend to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

The waiting continues....

12/29/2005 Called <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> case is finally there. Woohoo

01/04/2006 Case arrives at embassy. The wait for the packet and interview begins.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

They don't really deny you unless you have HIV or TB or the ebola virus... but.. however.. you have to be able to prove that the petitioner is going to be able to provide your medical benefits... it's moreso the money that's going to go into it.

They don't really deny you unless you have HIV or TB or the ebola virus... but.. however.. you have to be able to prove that the petitioner is going to be able to provide your medical benefits... it's moreso the money that's going to go into it.

fiona

My son has special needs. Luke is functionally blind, autistic and has learning difficulties.The dr who did our medical DR Laeritz was very helpful and asked me to fax him an up to date report from Luke's consultant so he could field any questions the Embassy might have. My daughter is asthmatic but hasnt had an attack for many months he said as far as he was concerned it was childhood asthma and he wasnt going to state that she was ashtmatic. He was very helpful and friendly and the Dr's really are on our side. It's the Emassy who decide whether or not your medical conditions is cause for denial.

Best of luck to you!

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
fiona ...

a nice bit of info for you:

Are all physical or mental disorders considered “medically-related grounds of ineligibility”?

No. The Civil Surgeon or Panel Physician must determine that there is no harmful behavior associated with the disorder in question. If you have a history of a physical or a mental disorder, there must be a harmful behavior that is likely to recur in order for it to make you ineligible. If your condition has no associated harmful behavior, then you can proceed with your application process. (source)

Im sorry i cant answer your questions but I too am thinking of you both I hope it all goes smoothly as you do deserve to have a loving relationship and be together - but this info i just read seems very positive, I too am suffering from mental disability as they call it (depression, anxiety, agrophobia etc!!) and I too was worried that it may effect us getting accepted :) but this is good to know ty :) I know the stress I am going through being so far away from the man I love and ths place right now does not feel like home to me and how I crave to be back in my baby's arms, it makes me so stressed that I consistently worry and make myself ill. Ohh this journey is hard but i'm sure it will pay off in the long run :)

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.