The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

Since the apparent return to work for Visa Unit staff on Monday July 27th, has anyone received or heard of any communication from them this week regarding their i-130 application? Maybe its a bit ambituous to expect to receive anything before, at the earliest, next week?

21 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

Since the apparent return to work for Visa Unit staff on Monday July 27th, has anyone received or heard of any communication from them this week regarding their i-130 application? Maybe its a bit ambituous to expect to receive anything before, at the earliest, next week?

Nothing this end. As you say, I thought it quite ambitious that a return to work on Monday would mean LND number this week. Think I was just grateful to know something was actually going on there! I'm personally targeting sometime in August to hear back, that's my hope. 

36 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

Nothing here. This is week 6 since our I-130 approval. I may fill out the online form next week if I do not hear anything before then. Just as a 'touching base' type of thing. 

13 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

Nothing here. This is week 6 since our I-130 approval. I may fill out the online form next week if I do not hear anything before then. Just as a 'touching base' type of thing. 

I'm on week 20 now since I-130 approval ........

I've tried filling in the online form but just hear nothing back so don't bother anymore. It really is just a waiting game at the moment.

21 minutes ago, AlanD26 said:

I'm on week 20 now since I-130 approval ........

I've tried filling in the online form but just hear nothing back so don't bother anymore. It really is just a waiting game at the moment.

Was yours approved prior to the embassy shutting down due the virus? Generally I wouldn't count any of those weeks in the timeline as nothing was moving. I'll probably still fill out the form. I've done so in the past and they have responded (somewhat). 

1 hour ago, Stuwoolf said:

Nothing here either. I guess the key sentence in our I-130 approval letters is the part where it says "Under normal circumstances, in approximately five (5) weeks, you should receive a letter from the U.S. Consulate – Immigrant Visa Unit." We are definitely not operating under normal circumstances.

Interestingly, in their e-mails to me, the USCIS Field Office quoted a wait time of "5 to 8 weeks" to receive an LND number so I wonder whether the IVU are aiming for a ~8 week turnaround time due to COVID (rather than the <5 weeks typically quoted).

Either way, there's not much any of us can do apart from sit tight unfortunately. I'm just grateful that our I-130 was filed and approved before the Field Office closed. The thought of going through NVC and the uncertainty and lengthy waiting time involved does not sound appealing.

Edited by os306

2 minutes ago, os306 said:

Nothing here either. I guess the key sentence in our I-130 approval letters is the part where it says "Under normal circumstances, in approximately five (5) weeks, you should receive a letter from the U.S. Consulate – Immigrant Visa Unit." We are definitely not operating under normal circumstances.

Interestingly, in their e-mails to me, the USCIS Field Office quoted a wait time of "5 to 8 weeks" to receive an LND number so I wonder whether the IVU are aiming for a ~8 week turnaround time due to COVID (rather than the <5 weeks typically quoted).

Either way, there's not much any of us can do apart from sit tight unfortunately. I'm just grateful that our I-130 was filed and approved before the Field Office closed. The thought of going through NVC and the uncertainty and lengthy waiting time involved does not sound appealing.

Very true. I would even be happy if they told me, it is being processed but here is your LDN number just so we could at least schedule things. :) Can't do anything without that precious number. 

1 minute ago, Gaz1a said:

Has anyone tried to call to confirm if they are only working on Student Visas? I'm happy to call if someone provides me the right number.

I thought there was only one central number you could call (020 7499 9000) and then you had to navigate the phone tree till you got a person?  Happy to be wrong, but that's been my experience so far.

Guys I've just received my LND Number. A couple of weeks ago I sent a simple message on their contact form explaining I was now at 18 weeks. They sent A standard reply with a bunch of questions and I answered them not expecting to hear anything back as I've seen this done before. I've just received the following Email. I really hope this gives everyone a bit of hope that they are actually moving with this now. Maybe I got lucky of maybe it was due to the time it has been since approval (16 March) and they are processing these now and mine was easy to access as it was on its way through processing anyway. 

image.thumb.png.487e5043389a92eac47bd4fa58c059ae.png

1 minute ago, Morgan5698 said:

Guys I've just received my LND Number. A couple of weeks ago I sent a simple message on their contact form explaining I was now at 18 weeks. They sent A standard reply with a bunch of questions and I answered them not expecting to hear anything back as I've seen this done before. I've just received the following Email. I really hope this gives everyone a bit of hope that they are actually moving with this now. Maybe I got lucky of maybe it was due to the time it has been since approval (16 March) and they are processing these now and mine was easy to access as it was on its way through processing anyway. 

Congratulations! Great to see that they actually sent it by email not mail! 

1 minute ago, Morgan5698 said:

Hooray!!!! I'm so happy for you guys that you finally got it.  And it gives me hope that they are actually doing something with DCF cases.  I hope the next steps are super smooth for you. 

12 minutes ago, Morgan5698 said:

That's fantastic! What questions did they ask? I may send a form (and include answers to whatever questions they asked you within the body of the form) to see if i can't get our LDN number. 

Thanks guys. I hope this is some positive indication things are happening now. 

5 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

That's fantastic! What questions did they ask? I may send a form (and include answers to whatever questions they asked you within the body of the form) to see if i can't get our LDN number. 

This is what I got, I replied in the body of the text. I've blanked out the personal stuff but left the rest in so you can see what I did. 

image.thumb.png.6f72dea1dd1e65ad092b8a0a8c1ca65b.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.