kandikandi

Proof of ongoing relationship photo evidence required?

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I am just doing my due diligence as my window for early filing of N-400 opens up in about 2 months time and I am starting to accumulate the necessary documentation.  I am wanting to apply online under the 3-yr marriage rule.

My question is - when applying online, are proof of relationship photos required?  This is the first time filing something to USCIS where evidence of continuing relationship (besides mortgage info, tax info and bills) don't seem to be a big requirement.

Also, has anyone recently filed N-400 online with their ROC still pending?  I have already completed my biometrics (2 months ago) and just waiting now.  Just wondering how they handle both applications in the system.

Thank you!

03/11/16 - Engaged!

09/27/16 – Interview Date – Approved

10/13/16 – POE Houston

12/22/16 - HAPPILY MARRIED!!!!

01/09/17 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

01/23/17 - NOA1 texts and emails received

01/27/17 - NOA1 hardcopies received 

02/11/17 - Biometrics appointment letter received

02/21/17 - Biometrics appointment

04/17/17 - EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced

04/21/17 - NOA2 hardcopies for EAD and AP received 

04/26/17 - EAD/AP combo card received

05/26/17 - RFE Received (I-485)

06/12/17 - RFE Response Received at Houston Field office

06/22/17 - I-485 approved, Card being produced

06/29/17 - Hardcopy I-485  approval notice received

07/01/17 - Greencard in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Online is very simple you can start now if you wish too so you can see it and so on it will save in the system for 30 days every time you are in there so it will not be deleted by the time you can submit. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 1/13/2020 at 2:21 PM, kandikandi said:

Hi Everyone!

I am just doing my due diligence as my window for early filing of N-400 opens up in about 2 months time and I am starting to accumulate the necessary documentation.  I am wanting to apply online under the 3-yr marriage rule.

My question is - when applying online, are proof of relationship photos required?  This is the first time filing something to USCIS where evidence of continuing relationship (besides mortgage info, tax info and bills) don't seem to be a big requirement.

Also, has anyone recently filed N-400 online with their ROC still pending?  I have already completed my biometrics (2 months ago) and just waiting now.  Just wondering how they handle both applications in the system.

Thank you!

I applied under the 3-year marriage rule online.

I didn't frontload my N400 application apart from what they've requested. Maybe I added 1 or 2 extra docs that would support our marriage financially - and anything that would show we are still married and we live in the same house (like a mortgage statement, and my county's tax letter that had both of our names, but definitely no photos of us together or any of that sort. 

During the interview, my IO only requested to see my DL, my GC, my foreign passport, and since I had my husband's US passport with me, he wanted to see that as well, and that's about it. He didn't want to see anything else, not even the original documents that I submitted. 

K1 Visa:

11-07-2012: I-129F sent

05-31-2013: Packet 3 received

10-23-2013: Packet 3 sent

11-19-2013: Interview

04-07-2014: POE Boston

05-07-2014: Got married after 12 years of LDR! :dancing:

AOS:

10-10-2014: Filed (together with combo EAD/AP)

10-27-2014: NOA received

12-10-2014: Request for Initial Evidence (RFI) received

11-12-2014: Biometrics Appt

02-03-2015: RFI received by USCIS

02-25-2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case letter received

(completely forgot): GC received. Resident since 07/04/2015.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.