Mrs Stefano

F31 visa category (Question related to the visa category)

20 posts in this topic

🔹F31 visa preference 

🔹1 principal applicant and 4 beneficiaries

🔹NVC Phase

🔹Forms are paid but documents have not yet submitted. One beneficiary has not completed the DS260. 

Greetings!

I am asking for a friend. I would appreciate if someone out here can answer the queries regarding her concern. 

They have been petitioned under F31 (married sons and daughters) and was approved after 23 years. They already paid the IV and AOS fees but did not finish the DS260 for one derivative. They have requested expedite at NVC prior to sending fees and forms. Now, the NVC has accepted their expedite request just today and is now waiting for their immigrant visa interview appointment. 

Question:

Is it possible that they will be scheduled for an immigrant appointment despite not submitting documents to CEAC?

Three of the derivatives are already aged out but since they haven’t submitted their documents yet, their names have not yet removed on CEAC. Would that mean they will be joining the immigrant visa interview?

One of the derivatives has not submitted the DS260 form due that she has not requested for her PH passport yet since she just had her BC corrected and waiting for the PSA to issue her a BC. If in case they received the immigrant visa interview appointment, can she still join the interview? 

Will the US EMBASSY in Manila allow the family to have the interview if some of the members will not be physically present?

If they put her under Follow to Join, would that benefit the rest of the members to proceed to their interview without the other one?

Many thanks and awaiting for expert advice. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If they have aged out then they have aged out and there is nothing to interview for. Quite common with these long processing times.

Is there a reason they do not want to interview at the same time, usually people do.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

If they have aged out then they have aged out and there is nothing to interview for. Quite common with these long processing times.

Is there a reason they do not want to interview at the same time, usually people do.

Thank you for your response. 

As mentioned above, one of the derivatives has not yet acquired her PH passport. She had just finished her court hearings concerning her name changed and waiting for PSA to issue her Birth Certificate. 

In the case that her name still appears on the immigrant visa appointment, could she still appear even without completing her DS260? If its not possible, will it be okay to put her “follow to join” ?

Timeline

Follow to join usually means something else. And to be honest I forget how long she has to get her visa, for some reason I think a year, but need to check, so how long is it going to take to get this sorted.

Presumably they have taken into account the processing time deduction when calculating the dependents ages, those who you said aged out. CSPA is the term used here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Follow to join usually means something else. And to be honest I forget how long she has to get her visa, for some reason I think a year, but need to check, so how long is it going to take to get this sorted.

Presumably they have taken into account the processing time deduction when calculating the dependents ages, those who you said aged out. CSPA is the term used here.

The PSA says it will take three months before she could request for her PSA Birth Certificate. Only then can she apply for a PH Passport. 

Their PD is May 1996 and she’s now 29 years old. She’s aware that she’s already aged out. However, since she hasn’t submitted her DS260, her name still appears on CEAC account. 

Would that mean, others need to wait for her before they can proceed to their interview? Is it possible for the others to go to their interview without her?

Timeline

Well I have seen super long I 130 approval times so it was not impossible, I would imagine somebody we come along with the time line for her to interview before I can find it.

It’s all moot without approval date 

and no ds forms submitted = no interview. Not clear if that’s what you meant by doc submission 

as long as principal is there of course they can interview without some of them, no one is forced to interview /immigrate 

21 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s all moot without approval date 

and no ds forms submitted = no interview. Not clear if that’s what you meant by doc submission 

as long as principal is there of course they can interview without some of them, no one is forced to interview /immigrate 

Yes, that’s what I meant by document submission. 

Everyone included in the petition has already completed their forms and uploaded their civil documents except for one derivative. Thats basically the reason why the documents cannot be submitted since it’s greyed out. 

The three children are already aged out but names still appear on CEAC thats why I was wondering if they can still attend the immigrant visa interview once they receive the schedule. 

Thank you for clearing that out that the principal applicant and those who are done with their DS260 can proceed to their interview. 

Timeline

Applicant Interview

Attend Your Interview

Prior to the interview, ensure you have followed the U.S. Embassy or Consulate interview preparation instructions. On the scheduled date and time of your interview appointment, go to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. A consular officer will interview you (and accompanying family member beneficiaries) and determine whether or not you can receive an immigrant visa. As part of the interview process, ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken.

Who Must Attend the Interview

You, your spouse, and any qualified unmarried children immigrating with you, must participate in the interview.  All applicants required to participate will be named on the interview appointment letter you receive from the NVC.

If your spouse and/or qualified unmarried children will immigrate at a later date and travel separately from you, they are not required to participate in your interview. They will be scheduled for a separate interview appointment. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed.

No mention of a time period but there is a requirement to notify the Consulate.

2 hours ago, Mrs Stefano said:

Yes, that’s what I meant by document submission. 

Everyone included in the petition has already completed their forms and uploaded their civil documents except for one derivative. Thats basically the reason why the documents cannot be submitted since it’s greyed out. 

The three children are already aged out but names still appear on CEAC thats why I was wondering if they can still attend the immigrant visa interview once they receive the schedule. 

Thank you for clearing that out that the principal applicant and those who are done with their DS260 can proceed to their interview. 

Are you sure they have aged out? You have checked the CSPA calculation? If they have aged out, then names or not, attend interview, pay fees, whatever, they cannot get visas. CSPA age of 21 or over = no visa. No discretion. 
Question above (ok implied not explicit) about approval date was ignored.

7 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Are you sure they have aged out? You have checked the CSPA calculation? If they have aged out, then names or not, attend interview, pay fees, whatever, they cannot get visas. CSPA age of 21 or over = no visa. No discretion. 
Question above (ok implied not explicit) about approval date was ignored.

My friend’s grandfather has filed a petition for his children. PD was dated May 1996. 

My aunt and her family got to submit the documents first and right after they got DQ the names of her sons disappeared on the CEAC account (aged 23 years old). 

Now my her brother and his children (aged 26, 29, and 30) received a mail from NVC that they will get an immigrant visa appointment in two weeks. 

They already assumed that the brother’s children are aged out because the sister’s children who are younger than the brother’s children were already removed from the list. 

40 minutes ago, Mrs Stefano said:

My friend’s grandfather has filed a petition for his children. PD was dated May 1996. 

My aunt and her family got to submit the documents first and right after they got DQ the names of her sons disappeared on the CEAC account (aged 23 years old). 

Now my her brother and his children (aged 26, 29, and 30) received a mail from NVC that they will get an immigrant visa appointment in two weeks. 

They already assumed that the brother’s children are aged out because the sister’s children who are younger than the brother’s children were already removed from the list. 

I’m not following what your friend’s grandfather has to do with your aunt and her brother. 
Do you know the approval date of the petition you are asking about?

Edited by SusieQQQ

2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’m not following what your friend’s grandfather has to do with your aunt and her brother. 
Do you know the approval date of the petition you are asking about?

That I still have to ask. 😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.