lemotjuste

Non-English Roman characters on I129-F

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hey all, I'm assembling the documents and support needed for my I-129F petition, and I have a simple question that I've been unable to find an answer to.

My fiance is from Czech Republic, a country whose language uses the Roman alphabet. However, when trying to enter certain Czech characters into the PDF form (such as Š or á) the form tells me "Allow only letters, space and hyphen."

Her passport shows her name as Š*******á (other letters removed). Do i simply proceed writing with her name as S******a - the Anglicized version of it? And in the additional support documents like the letter of intent to marry, do I remain consistent with this lettering?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

9 minutes ago, lemotjuste said:

Hey all, I'm assembling the documents and support needed for my I-129F petition, and I have a simple question that I've been unable to find an answer to.

My fiance is from Czech Republic, a country whose language uses the Roman alphabet. However, when trying to enter certain Czech characters into the PDF form (such as Š or á) the form tells me "Allow only letters, space and hyphen."

Her passport shows her name as Š*******á (other letters removed). Do i simply proceed writing with her name as S******a - the Anglicized version of it? And in the additional support documents like the letter of intent to marry, do I remain consistent with this lettering?

I would fill in what you can on the computer, then print the form out and fill in by pen whatever is needed in special characters. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, lemotjuste said:

Form must be completed in English.   No foreign characters.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf?download=1

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Great, thanks very much everyone. I"ll proceed with the English characters and add in the Czech spelling in items 49a.- 50f. about the Beneficiary's name in his/her native alphabet. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.