lucy2017

I-751 waiver interview questions- removing condition based on good faith or cruelty waiver

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I thought to create this new topic where we can share our knowledge on how to be prepared for I-751 waiver interview.

My timeline for I-751 waiver filing is:

Married on January 2015

Separated in June 2016

Divorced in July 2017

Filed I-751 waiver in August 2017

Responded to RFE in March 2019

Interview for I-751 waiver is scheduled in January 2020

Any kind of input on interview preparation and what IO usually ask during interview will be very helpful.

Thank you.

25 minutes ago, H&T said:

There is no input on how to prepare for the interview since each case is different. Just be honest and tell the truth and you will be fine.

Thank you for replying.

My lawyer will be accompany me during interview. Am I allowed to consult with my lawyer if I find IO's question confusing or if I dont know how to answer difficlut question in a right way?

2 hours ago, lucy2017 said:

Thank you for replying.

My lawyer will be accompany me during interview. Am I allowed to consult with my lawyer if I find IO's question confusing or if I dont know how to answer difficlut question in a right way?

no really. Lawyer will be there for emotional support, and/or if the IO crosses any line perhaps, but your lawyer isn't technically allowed to speak unless the question is directed to him/her.

On 12/29/2019 at 10:16 AM, lucy2017 said:

Hello everyone,

I thought to create this new topic where we can share our knowledge on how to be prepared for I-751 waiver interview.

My timeline for I-751 waiver filing is:

Married on January 2015

Separated in June 2016

Divorced in July 2017

Filed I-751 waiver in August 2017

Responded to RFE in March 2019

Interview for I-751 waiver is scheduled in January 2020

Any kind of input on interview preparation and what IO usually ask during interview will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Can you share your location?

Which center did you send your I-751?

Which local office are you based?

And what’s the first 3 letters of your receipt number?

It surprised me that it took 1 year 7 months from waiver to RFE...

And 10 months from RFE to interview?

Filed: Other Timeline

I had my waiver interview in Aug 2019, my experience was very smooth. The IO was very polite. The first question was: So what happened? I explained how I met my spouse, how was the relationship and how ended. I was asked when we me, when we got married and where I used to live. The IO was checking if I was living in the same area of my spouse.

The IO told me that the reason why I was called was because of lack of evidences, which I don't think is completely true  because I sent a lot of documents. Anyways the IO said that a decision would be made and they will inform me by mail.

Since then I haven’t heard anything back.

In December I had an infopass and the person who helped me told me that my case shouldn’t take more than 6 months to be adjudicated. Because of that I got a stamp for 6 months.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:05 PM, fromthewater said:

Hi there,

Can you share your location?

Which center did you send your I-751?

Which local office are you based?

And what’s the first 3 letters of your receipt number?

It surprised me that it took 1 year 7 months from waiver to RFE...

And 10 months from RFE to interview?

I am in Iowa City.

Originally submitted to California processing center and case moved to Iowa after I moved here.

Interview went very smooth. My application has received approval. Thank you everyone for replying to my questions.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

make sure you got enough evidence 

pics letters proofs present vacations bills hotel bills print facebook any eveidence you had together 

im sorry one year marriage look a red flag they will question everything 

be honest dont lie 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.