rdm0141

K1 Visa Packet

5 posts in this topic

I am currently putting together my K1 visa petition packet and I have a few questions. First question is about photos. We are currently going through all out photos (we have had 5 trips in the last 2-3 years) and we are wondering how many photos should we add? Second question is about plane tickets/itineraries. Will sending copies of all my flight itineraries (included pricing) be good enough or do I need to also send boarding passes? I don't really have boarding passes saved as now you can use them on your phone instead of a physical boarding pass. I am sure these questions have been asked a million times but thanks for any feedback!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
48 minutes ago, rdm0141 said:

I am currently putting together my K1 visa petition packet and I have a few questions. First question is about photos. We are currently going through all out photos (we have had 5 trips in the last 2-3 years) and we are wondering how many photos should we add? Second question is about plane tickets/itineraries. Will sending copies of all my flight itineraries (included pricing) be good enough or do I need to also send boarding passes? I don't really have boarding passes saved as now you can use them on your phone instead of a physical boarding pass. I am sure these questions have been asked a million times but thanks for any feedback!

Photos are often considered secondary evidence, some folks have been approved without providing any photos. Send in around ten of them, don't put them in a fancy album. Itineraries can be to easily altered and are not as preferred as boarding passes and passport stamps, etc. Nah, these questions haven't been asked a million times, with your inquiry that would make it one million and one times these types of questions have been asked.:yes: As a direct consequence, the VJ step-by-step Visa Guide is an excellent source for answers to most all questions that have been asked a million and one times, :lol:  I would suggest that your best petition package should contain a good sampling of ALL of the types of evidence mentioned in the Vise Guide, https://www.visajourney.com/guides/k1-fiance-visa/ . As a matter of fact, to take some time to review the various sections of this site, there is a treasure of good information. All it takes is to let your fingers do the walking. Here is a USCIS link on filing tips that will likely be of use to you, https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips.

Another good source of current information that you should be sure to utilize is to review the latest couple of pages of the forums that are pertinent to your current journey. It is uncanny that so many of the same, almost verbatim questions have recently been asked recently.

Good luck on your immigration journey, and Happy New Year!! 🍾🥂

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, rdm0141 said:

Pictures are secondary,  don't over do it 

Boarding passes are far superior evidence than itineraries.   Even if it's on your phone.  it still can be printed 

YMMV

35 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Pictures are secondary,  don't over do it 

Boarding passes are far superior evidence than itineraries.   Even if it's on your phone.  it still can be printed 

I have the scan boarding passes from American Airlines although there really isn't a lot of info on them. Just the bar code they scan when you board the plane as well as the time and other minor information. It doesnt have a date on them. Ill still add them to the packet if it helps though. Of course I do have the passport stamps, train tickets, bus tickets, airbnb receipts/itineraries, etc. 

Edited by rdm0141

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, rdm0141 said:

2 to 4 is more than enough, or like some do .. send none (and yes they get approved).  ;)     Photos are secondary evidence not required

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.