ABodden

Incorrect Information on EAD card

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am questioning whether or not I have to send in a new form and filing fee... Let me start by saying, I forgot to make a copy of his I-485 & I-765 applications and beat myself up over it many times already because I thought I missed a signature or something and now it seems to be biting me in the a** again... My husband received two I-797C forms on September 11th; one for his I-485 (Status Adjustment) & one for his I-765 (Employment Authorization). The one for the I-485 had all the correct information. However, the I-765 notice had the wrong birth date so I sent in a request on September 18th to have it fixed with no response... I did write the request ID though! I think they misread my 3 as an 8 and put August 11th instead of March 11th. So fast forward to now, He received his EAD on December 24th with the wrong birth date. As long as I have proof that I tried to have his birth date corrected before they issued him the card, we shouldn't have to refile and pay again, right? I'm worried that since I don't have copies of the original application they may say that I made the mistake but i'm hoping my request ID is enough to show that I at least tried to correct it. Please let me know what you all think..? We greatly appreciate any help/advice! Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hopefully you won't have to repay for their mistakes, and perhaps your mis-stroke. I would attempt to plead with them to correct it and your rationale. However, at the end of the day, you will have to get the error corrected. Good luck as you do battle with the USCIS bureaucracy.

Please post back with your good fortune.

Good luck on your immigration journey, and Happy Holidays!! 🎄

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, ABodden said:

Hello,

I am questioning whether or not I have to send in a new form and filing fee... Let me start by saying, I forgot to make a copy of his I-485 & I-765 applications and beat myself up over it many times already because I thought I missed a signature or something and now it seems to be biting me in the a** again... My husband received two I-797C forms on September 11th; one for his I-485 (Status Adjustment) & one for his I-765 (Employment Authorization). The one for the I-485 had all the correct information. However, the I-765 notice had the wrong birth date so I sent in a request on September 18th to have it fixed with no response... I did write the request ID though! I think they misread my 3 as an 8 and put August 11th instead of March 11th. So fast forward to now, He received his EAD on December 24th with the wrong birth date. As long as I have proof that I tried to have his birth date corrected before they issued him the card, we shouldn't have to refile and pay again, right? I'm worried that since I don't have copies of the original application they may say that I made the mistake but i'm hoping my request ID is enough to show that I at least tried to correct it. Please let me know what you all think..? We greatly appreciate any help/advice! Thank you!

You're gonna have to send the card back to get it fixed, using form I-90. Since it's their mistake, you shouldn't pay anything.

I'm having the same problem as you. My NOA1 came with my name misspelled. I contacted them a week after receiving (sep/19) to get it corrected. I didn't receive anything back from them. I called again in November and found out they never even touched my request to fix it. So I requested again to get it fixed, but a month later and still nothing. At least they're saying someone took a look a it already but still no answer.

3 hours ago, Ayrton said:

You're gonna have to send the card back to get it fixed, using form I-90. Since it's their mistake, you shouldn't pay anything.

I'm having the same problem as you. My NOA1 came with my name misspelled. I contacted them a week after receiving (sep/19) to get it corrected. I didn't receive anything back from them. I called again in November and found out they never even touched my request to fix it. So I requested again to get it fixed, but a month later and still nothing. At least they're saying someone took a look a it already but still no answer.

I thought the I-90 was only if you lost it or renew it...? We called and they didn't mention that we have to fill out the I-90... We sent it yesterday without so now i'm even more worried! I'll have to call again and figure out if I can send the form by itself since we already sent all the supporting documents with a letter and the card. Thank you for replying!

8 hours ago, Pitaya said:

Hopefully you won't have to repay for their mistakes, and perhaps your mis-stroke. I would attempt to plead with them to correct it and your rationale. However, at the end of the day, you will have to get the error corrected. Good luck as you do battle with the USCIS bureaucracy.

Please post back with your good fortune.

Good luck on your immigration journey, and Happy Holidays!! 🎄

When we called the lady told us to send in the card with a letter and copies of documents to show the correct date... I hope they will not make us repay.

I will let you know what happens! Thanks.

Happy holidays to you as well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 minutes ago, ABodden said:

I thought the I-90 was only if you lost it or renew it...? We called and they didn't mention that we have to fill out the I-90... We sent it yesterday without so now i'm even more worried! I'll have to call again and figure out if I can send the form by itself since we already sent all the supporting documents with a letter and the card. Thank you for replying!

Actually you're right. The I-90 is only for the green card itself, and doesn't apply to the combo card.

I know there's an online form you can fill out to inform them you got a card with wrong information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.