CrisBR

Case reopened for reconsideration

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello friends.

What exactly does it mean when you read the following message:

Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration

On December 20, 2019, we reopened your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by January 19, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address.

Could be nothing such as a clerical error, or it could be something missing or something not matching that was found that will need to be cleared.  Have you received your notice?  I would consult a lawyer ASAP in case it's something serious and you'll need their advice,and wait for further instructions.

Edited by givionte
Autocomplete fail

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
42 minutes ago, CrisBR said:

Hello friends.

What exactly does it mean when you read the following message:

Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration

On December 20, 2019, we reopened your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by January 19, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address.

It would really help people help you with this question if you would provide some background information about your case. Did you file Form I-765? Did you apply to have it expedited? Were you previously denied a EAD document?

We need a little housekeeping from you if you will. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
1 hour ago, givionte said:

Could be nothing such as a clerical error, or it could be something missing or something not matching that was found that will need to be cleared.  Have you received your notice?  I would consult a lawyer ASAP in case it's something serious and you'll need their advice,and wait for further instructions.

Thank you so much for your help. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, givionte said:

Hey, my friend! Guess what? My case just went from reopened to reconsideration to case approved! 

I kept checking again and again and when the clock ticked 11:00am...bang! 

Thanks for reading and being empathic with my situation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.