frankiebean

Approved form I130 after interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just completed my Green Card interview in NYC yesterday. I didn't bring my original birth certificate with me (my parents have it in a different country), and it didn't state on the letter to bring the original. The interviewer gave me a hard time about it, and said that she would need to alert her supervisor to make a final decision. She gave me a notice saying they will let me know within 120 days. 

I got an email today saying: 
"On December 19, 2019, we approved your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE"

Does this mean I passed my green card interview? I'm kind of confused as it doesn't specifically say I passed an interview, or will be receiving my green card in the mail. 

Adjusting from TN to Green Card through marriage

July 5th, 2018 Married in New York

Aug 7, 2018 - AOS package sent  (I-485, I-130, I-130A, I-864, I-131, I-765 )

Aug 17, 2018 - Received NOAs via e-notification (email/text)

Aug 29 - RFE request for missing form

Sept 6, 2018 - Biometrics appointment

Sep 10th, 2018 - Requested USCIS to expedite EAD under "severe financial loss" 

Sep 16th, 2018 - Received letter from USCIS requesting  documents to  support expediting of EAD

Sep 16th, 2018 - Documents supporting EAD expedite faxed to USCIS

Sep 25th, 2018 - Requested help from congressman, they've filed on their behalf

Oct 3rd, 2018 - Told by congressman that USCIS has rejected my request to expedite

Oct 3rd, 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

Oct 10, 2018 - Received update that my EAD card is in production

Oct 16, 2018 - Received EAD and AP combo card in mail!

Nov 8, 2019 - Got an email saying my Interviewed is scheduled (finally!)

Dec 18, 2019 - GC Interview

Dec 19, 2019 - I-485 and I-130 approved! Green card ordered :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
35 minutes ago, frankiebean said:

I just completed my Green Card interview in NYC yesterday. I didn't bring my original birth certificate with me (my parents have it in a different country), and it didn't state on the letter to bring the original. The interviewer gave me a hard time about it, and said that she would need to alert her supervisor to make a final decision. She gave me a notice saying they will let me know within 120 days. 

Does this mean I passed my green card interview? I'm kind of confused as it doesn't specifically say I passed an interview, or will be receiving my green card in the mail. 

Has your I-485 been approved? That’s the one For the green card 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cheschirecat said:
38 minutes ago, frankiebean said:

Has your I-485 been approved? That’s the one For the green card 

I'm actually not sure. The USCIS case status site is not working for me, and I'm unable to check on that specific MSC. 

I just thought it was kind of weird to receive the email about my I130 being approved, shouldn't it have been approved a long time ago before the interview?

Sep 16th, 2018 - Received letter from USCIS requesting  documents to  support expediting of EAD

Oct 3rd, 2018 - Told by congressman that USCIS has rejected my request to expedite

Timeline
1 hour ago, frankiebean said:

I'm actually not sure. The USCIS case status site is not working for me, and I'm unable to check on that specific MSC. 

I just thought it was kind of weird to receive the email about my I130 being approved, shouldn't it have been approved a long time ago before the interview?

No, our I-130 is approved and not our I-485, yet. Interview was in October 

1 hour ago, frankiebean said:

Not necessarily. They can approve the I130 at any point in the process. The only requirement is the I-485 cannot be approve before the I-130. The I-485 approval is the green card approval. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, frankiebean said:

Oh we did  get an RFE to send 3 years of tax returns.. kind of odd.  We received that 12/6 and sent back the same day.  Email today 12/20 that green card is being produced

Edited by Cheschirecat

Timeline

Ah got it. Thank you everyone for your responses!

Timeline

I just checked the case status website and it is finally working for me. i-485 was approved on the 18th, and the card is ordered! For some reason my email and text alerts were turned off for that one form. 

Woop! 😀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.