Burnpro23

I-751 pending and texas dmv denied new CDL permit

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm beyond pissed. Waited 3 hours just to get the bad news that they can't accept an expired greencard with my extension letter for a new commercial learner's permit. 

I though the extension letter was proof of residency for all intent and purposes?  

Have any of you gotten a new commercial learner's permit while waiting for removal of conditions?

Edited by Burnpro23
04/27/2016 sent AOS PACKAGE

05/02/2016 PRIORITY DATE (day 1)

05/17/2016 FIRST NOA'S RECEIVED. HARD COPIES.

05/20/2016 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT FOR 06/01/2016

06/01/2016 Biometrics taken.

08/02/2016 I-765 Work Permit approved. (day 90)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Burnpro23 said:

I'm beyond pissed. Waited 3 hours just to get the bad news that they can't accept an expired greencard with my extension letter for a new commercial learner's permit. 

I though the extension letter was proof of residency for all intent and purposes?  

Have any of you gotten a new commercial learner's permit while waiting for removal of conditions?

Don’t know abt cdl permit but my husband has cdl license and renewed his with no prob. We’re in NC. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Went today to another office and the young lady accepted my extension with no problems and the process took like 30 minutes to complete. I guess the first one from yesterday didn't want to deal with it and just refused my paperwork. Lazy pos.

04/27/2016 sent AOS PACKAGE

05/02/2016 PRIORITY DATE (day 1)

05/17/2016 FIRST NOA'S RECEIVED. HARD COPIES.

05/20/2016 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT FOR 06/01/2016

06/01/2016 Biometrics taken.

08/02/2016 I-765 Work Permit approved. (day 90)

On 12/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, Burnpro23 said:

You know I am so pissed for you. YOU SHOULD HAVE NOT LEFT THE OFFICE WITHOUT YOUR RIGHT the first time.

You are eligible for it. The Government says, this letter extend your status for 18 month, thus you are perfectly legal. If this ever happen to you again over anything? ID, SSN, or bank or anything, just ask to speak to their supervisor, show them the letter. Argue for your rights.

Unless they say your letter is fake, your GC should be viewed as Expiration date + 18 months ALWAYS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.