Alfia & John

NOA1: Check cashed

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We have not received our NOA1 yet but the electronic check was presented to my account this morning. Will the NOA1 be dated the same day as check cashing. I would like to add the NOA1 to my timeline so it shows the approx. date of processing.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Likely a reasonable supposition. Hopefully you will get the paper document in a couple of days.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, PhillyNatz said:

Hi, how did you receive the NOA? Was it in the mail (assuming not since the check was cashed today)?

I received a text message about 3 pm today

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alfia & John said:

Answer received, just received NOA1 from USCIS

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1st post.  Thanks for all the useful information guys!  I don't want to start a new thread so i'll just piggy back off this post since the information provided applies to our situation.

So, i got a text saying application received, included a case number and stated a hard copy letter would be sent to me in a few days (form I-797).  Then i checked my account and sure enough $535, they don't waste time!  I told my fiance, they want their money before we change our mind, hehe.

So i was wondering if all this is equivalent to me getting my NOA1.  I will know for sure in a week when i get my form I-797 in the mail.  I searched I-797 but didn't come up with any results.  But reading this thread it kinda sounds like this is my NOA1.  

Just wanted to introduce ourselves and say thanks for all the relevant information.  I hope my research will pay off and we don't get an RFE.  While i was putting together our I-129F packet i kept finding more information on the on-going relationship part, so we kept adding things.  What i found really helpful was viewing an actual RFE that people have posted.  Thanks guys for sharing, i am sure others like myself have learned from your mistakes.

Mahalo!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Milmauka said:

1st post.  Thanks for all the useful information guys!  I don't want to start a new thread so i'll just piggy back off this post since the information provided applies to our situation. Per forum etiquette, you should really start a new thread, instead of attempted hijacking someone else's thread with your own story.

So, i got a text saying application received, included a case number and stated a hard copy letter would be sent to me in a few days (form I-797).  Then i checked my account and sure enough $535, they don't waste time!  I told my fiance, they want their money before we change our mind, hehe. True, always follow the money. 👍

So i was wondering if all this is equivalent to me getting my NOA1.  I will know for sure in a week when i get my form I-797 in the mail.  I searched I-797 but didn't come up with any results.  But reading this thread it kinda sounds like this is my NOA1. Some folks get an electronic NOA1 and a paper copy NOA1, some get one or the other, the net result is the same.... you have your receipt number. BTW, the NOA1 receipt is technically a Form I-797C. 

Just wanted to introduce ourselves and say thanks for all the relevant information.  I hope my research will pay off and we don't get an RFE.  While i was putting together our I-129F packet i kept finding more information on the on-going relationship part, so we kept adding things.  What i found really helpful was viewing an actual RFE that people have posted.  Thanks guys for sharing, i am sure others like myself have learned from your mistakes. This is the type of good stuff that you could have included in your own intro thread, instead of diverting from someone else's thread, it can get confusing.  Be sure to join the Dec 2019 K1 Progress Forum monthly thread, interact and learn from others that filed at the same time as you.

Mahalo!

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.