R&N2019

Had AOD interview no decision yet. Should request EAD that is outside processing time meanwhile?

4 posts in this topic

Hello,  dear friends, 

I wonder if anyone has info on this topic.  We had AOD interview on 11/20/19, all seemed to go decent and in good happy moods. Officer was young and nice. (office in Charlotte, NC). At the end she  said she can't make her  decision at the moment, she needs to look through  everything to  make sure all needed papers are there (I do have relatively long history of visas). She gave us paper that case is  pending and no other actions needed at this point and wait for mail within 120 days. I know it has been  just  few  days and it is kind of  common nowadays to not give  decision right in the moment and I just need to wait.

My question is - While it is pending (noone knows if it will take all 120 days)  - should I submit outside normal processing time” service request of my EAD that is now about 10 days outside  reviewed cases? Will it affect main decision or anything? Would they give it to me right now?  

Any opinions/experiences? 

Happy  upcoming Thanksgiving everyone!

16 minutes ago, R&N2019 said:

should I submit outside normal processing time” service request of my EAD that is now about 10 days outside  reviewed cases? Will it affect main decision or anything? Would they give it to me right now?

You can. No, it won't affect anything. They probably will not, if the approval of the green card is imminent. In fact, I have seen cases where they will deny the EAD while approving the green card shortly after. And I've also seen cases where they would approve the EAD and GC approval follows by several weeks. So there is really no logic to any of this. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, R&N2019 said:

Hello,  dear friends, 

I wonder if anyone has info on this topic.  We had AOD interview on 11/20/19, all seemed to go decent and in good happy moods. Officer was young and nice. (office in Charlotte, NC). At the end she  said she can't make her  decision at the moment, she needs to look through  everything to  make sure all needed papers are there (I do have relatively long history of visas). She gave us paper that case is  pending and no other actions needed at this point and wait for mail within 120 days. I know it has been  just  few  days and it is kind of  common nowadays to not give  decision right in the moment and I just need to wait.

My question is - While it is pending (noone knows if it will take all 120 days)  - should I submit outside normal processing time” service request of my EAD that is now about 10 days outside  reviewed cases? Will it affect main decision or anything? Would they give it to me right now?  

Any opinions/experiences? 

Happy  upcoming Thanksgiving everyone!

Same thing happened to us in Detroit - interview was Nov 13.   We think case officer was in training because someone observed her and gave her direction at times.  All went well and at the end she said she needed to review case.   I mentioned I hoped to have my green card to go back to Canada at Christmas and she said that shouldn’t be a problem, but reminded us she had 120 days to review file.   On Nov 22 our case finally changed to approved.  

2 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

Same thing happened to us in Detroit - interview was Nov 13.   We think case officer was in training because someone observed her and gave her direction at times.  All went well and at the end she said she needed to review case.   I mentioned I hoped to have my green card to go back to Canada at Christmas and she said that shouldn’t be a problem, but reminded us she had 120 days to review file.   On Nov 22 our case finally changed to approved.  

IOs (unless your IO is a supervisor) will never tell you that you are approved at the interview. If they are not a supervisor, they wont give you a I551 stamp either if you ask. This is the normal routine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.