SASAS

missing documents after NVC submission

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi - I submitted our documents on Oct 4th and got an email yesterday afternoon that my husband's police certificate was rejected and that i needed to upload my husband's work permit. I called the NVC right away to find out why the police certificate was rejected and the rep said it was fine and that a supervisor would review it. I was told to just submit the work permit. At midnight last night I got another notice from the NVC that there was a change to our case. Three documents that were accepted are now missing. I called and the rep couldn't give me a clear answer as to what was going on. She first told there is nothing wrong with the police clearance and to go ahead and submit the work permit. Except I can't because there it's showing that there are missing documents. The rep said it doesn't show any missing on their end. I said fine. I called another rep who said three documents are missing, accused me of never submitting them. I told him they were accepted yesterday and that the rep I spoke to yesterday actually opened the accepted documents.  Also there is no note to submit them. Do I submit the three documents again? How does this stuff go missing!!

Edited by SASAS

1 hour ago, SASAS said:

Hi - I submitted our documents on Oct 4th and got an email yesterday afternoon that my husband's police certificate was rejected and that i needed to upload my husband's work permit. I called the NVC right away to find out why the police certificate was rejected and the rep said it was fine and that a supervisor would review it. I was told to just submit the work permit. At midnight last night I got another notice from the NVC that there was a change to our case. Three documents that were accepted are now missing. I called and the rep couldn't give me a clear answer as to what was going on. She first told there is nothing wrong with the police clearance and to go ahead and submit the work permit. Except I can't because there it's showing that there are missing documents. The rep said it doesn't show any missing on their end. I said fine. I called another rep who said three documents are missing, accused me of never submitting them. I told him they were accepted yesterday and that the rep I spoke to yesterday actually opened the accepted documents.  Also there is no note to submit them. Do I submit the three documents again? How does this stuff go missing!!

That happened to me too. There were a couple of times that the docs I submitted online went missing and I just kept re-submitting them instead of questioning it. Until all docs were all submitted and approved. Unfortunately there's no good that comes out of questioning it or calling or emailing NVC (at least for me & based on my experience). I just had to follow their rules to the T until they were all accepted.

**Mine took five months !!! (because NVC didn't accept my blurred Birth Certificate copy. They didn't accept a clear copy from the Local City Registrar's Office where I was born. I had to look for a way to get a clear copy from the provider they required it from)

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, Lia Luisa said:

That happened to me too. There were a couple of times that the docs I submitted online went missing and I just kept re-submitting them instead of questioning it. Until all docs were all submitted and approved. Unfortunately there's no good that comes out of questioning it or calling or emailing NVC (at least for me & based on my experience). I just had to follow their rules to the T until they were all accepted.

**Mine took five months !!! (because NVC didn't accept my blurred Birth Certificate copy. They didn't accept a clear copy from the Local City Registrar's Office where I was born. I had to look for a way to get a clear copy from the provider they required it from)

Good luck!

Thank you for responding! I submitted everything again last night.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.