Jump to content

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ok i just need a little help on re-submitting forms.. so my wife and i was asked to submit a RFE and im re-submitting our forms and got myself house hold co-sponsors ( mom,brother and sister *married* with 2 kids)

 

but anyway i was told to ask my co-sponsors to fill up the form i-864a, which i did. so my question now is

 

about my i-846 form ( i am the petitioner)

 

on part 5

 

Note: Do not count any member of household more than once.

 

Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit:

 

1. Provide the number you entered in Part 3. Item Number ( i put 1 , which is my wife that i am sponsoring).

 

Person NOT sponsored in this affidavit:

 

2. YourSelf. ( i put 1 )

3. if you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse. ( i did not put anything yet)

4. If you have dependent children, enter the number here. ( i did not put anything yet)

5. if you have any other dependents, enter the number here. ( nothing yet)

6. If you have sponsored any other person on form i-864 or Form I-864EZ who are now lawful permanent residents. enter the number here ( i did not put anything)

7.  OPTIONAL: if you have siblings, parents, or adult children with the same principal residence who are combining their income with yours by submitting form I-864A, enter the number here ( i put 3, since my mom,brother and sister (married with 2 kids) are going to be my co-sponsor)

8. total # of household size: (5)

 

so my question now is this. on section #3 and #4, do i put anything there? 

i was told that my household size should end up to 9 total

 

my wife and i = 2

my parents = 2

my brother = 1

my sister and her husband + 2 kids = 4

 

total of 9 household member.

 

so im just kind of confuse, did i fill in the right # on part 5? will my sister be able to declare her depedents on form i-864a? or it has to be declared on my (petitioner) form i-864? which is section #4 on part 5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Start by both, looking at the I864a form and reading its instructions.

i looked at the form i-864a and there was no section there to provide any information about your dependents and only section about the dependents on i-864 is part 5 section #4

 

so should i put my sister 2 dependents there?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, akosimomo said:

i looked at the form i-864a and there was no section there to provide any information about your dependents and only section about the dependents on i-864 is part 5 section #4

 

so should i put my sister 2 dependents there?

 

 

No they are not your dependents. They are hers. Your household size will be five but they will see by her submitted tax return that she is married with two dependents so they will take her income amount into consideration based on her tax return and her own household size reported there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No they are not your dependents. They are hers. Your household size will be five but they will see by her submitted tax return that she is married with two dependents so they will take her income amount into consideration based on her tax return and her own household size reported there.

ok, on her recent tax return she only had 1 dependent since her 2nd daughter is born this year, so i dont know if they'll know that she has 2 dependents already and regarding her 1040, since my sister filled her tax as married filling jointly. should i put her annual only or the total income they both had on their 1040?

she makes about 50k annually and her husband made 15k on their last tax return. should i put her 50k on her 2018 most recent total income or whatever total of income they had on their 1040?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, akosimomo said:

ok, on her recent tax return she only had 1 dependent since her 2nd daughter is born this year, so i dont know if they'll know that she has 2 dependents already and regarding her 1040, since my sister filled her tax as married filling jointly. should i put her annual only or the total income they both had on their 1040?

she makes about 50k annually and her husband made 15k on their last tax return. should i put her 50k on her 2018 most recent total income or whatever total of income they had on their 1040?

 

Her individual income unless he want to co-sponsor and file an I864a as well.

She'll provide their joint return and her earnings statement(s) if just her. 

If he co-sponsors, another copy of joint return and HIS earnings statement(s) attached to HIS i864a.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Her individual income unless he want to co-sponsor and file an I864a as well.

She'll provide their joint return and her earnings statement(s) if just her. 

If he co-sponsors, another copy of joint return and HIS earnings statement(s) attached to HIS i864a.

ok thank you, ill just put my sister total income and just provide their joint 1040 information + my sister copy of her w2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, akosimomo said:

ok thank you, ill just put my sister total income and just provide their joint 1040 information + my sister copy of her w2

*your sister's total INDIVIDUAL income not including her husband's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

*your sister's total INDIVIDUAL income not including her husband's.

yes thank you, but i will have to give them a copy of her and her husband 1040 since they filled together but i will only put her  w2.

by the way its NOT necessary to give the copy of the last 3 recent tax return? is it? and my brother is about to be promoted and get a raise for his annual, but if i wanted to put his new annual salary, i will have to ask him to get a employment later saying he got a raise, am i right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, akosimomo said:

yes thank you, but i will have to give them a copy of her and her husband 1040 since they filled together but i will only put her  w2.

Perfect.

2 hours ago, akosimomo said:

by the way its NOT necessary to give the copy of the last 3 recent tax return? is it?

No. Check out both the I864 form and instructions which states that. Only most recent is required.

2 hours ago, akosimomo said:

and my brother is about to be promoted and get a raise for his annual, but if i wanted to put his new annual salary, i will have to ask him to get a employment later saying he got a raise, am i right?

Correct. But you should provide a few current paystubs (6 months is recommended).

I'd use his previous income and not the new one due to lack of paystubs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 1:30 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Perfect.

No. Check out both the I864 form and instructions which states that. Only most recent is required.

Correct. But you should provide a few current paystubs (6 months is recommended).

I'd use his previous income and not the new one due to lack of paystubs.

ok thank you. on my 3 co-sponsors, i dont need to get their 6 months paystubs if they have filed a tax return last year, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2019 at 1:30 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Perfect.

No. Check out both the I864 form and instructions which states that. Only most recent is required.

Correct. But you should provide a few current paystubs (6 months is recommended).

I'd use his previous income and not the new one due to lack of paystubs.

by the way is it necessary to also include 2017 and 2016 tax information from my co-sponsors?  if so,

is it ok if i was one of the dependents on my mom's 2016-2017 tax return? would it matter or no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, akosimomo said:

ok thank you. on my 3 co-sponsors, i dont need to get their 6 months paystubs if they have filed a tax return last year, right?

Tax returns show past income and stability. Current income must be substantiated as well - typically via paystubs. What somebody made 12-24 months ago says nothing about their current income.

 

1 minute ago, akosimomo said:

by the way is it necessary to also include 2017 and 2016 tax information from my co-sponsors?  if so,

is it ok if i was one of the dependents on my mom's 2016-2017 tax return? would it matter or no?

Information from all 3 prior years is required on the I-864. Only the most recent year's copy (transcript is simplest) is required.

No, that shouldn't be an issue.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, geowrian said:

Tax returns show past income and stability. Current income must be substantiated as well - typically via paystubs. What somebody made 12-24 months ago says nothing about their current income.

 

Information from all 3 prior years is required on the I-864. Only the most recent year's copy (transcript is simplest) is required.

No, that shouldn't be an issue.

oh ok, but is it ok for my sister to be my co-sponsor if she did not have any tax return information from 2016-2017? since she was pregnant at a time and took care of her daughter? would she still be eligible to be my sponsor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

got another question. sorry if i am asking too much, i just want to see all my options..

 

so what i filed before where we got the RFE my co-sponsor was my mom and brother and with the 4 of us as the total # of house hold, we should have met the 125% poverty guideline, but for some reason we got an RFE saying we didn't. its either i filled the wrong form or i must have missed something.. so with the thought of doing the RFE. i just realize

if i submit the right form and made sure to check everything. can i just use my brother as my co-sponsor, instead of adding more and making the house hold size # bigger? which option would be the best? 

and is it ok to use 1 co-sponsor for a RFE but you filed 2 sponsors 1st?

and would my brother be using i-864a since we both live in the same house hold?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}
×
×
  • Create New...