5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

Over the weekend we received our I-485 packet back with a rejection notice I-797C. On it the document stated: "Your I-485 fees, and any supporting documentation is being returned to you for the following reason(s): 
Based on the information provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed at the bottom of this notice.

The following documents may be provided:

-Your original Form I-130

-your original form I-140

-your Original form I-1360

-A Copy of your Form I-797 if your I-130, I-140, I-360, or I-526 has already been approved.

-Or other evidence that an immigration visa petition has been filed/approved"

Now from what I understand it looks like they want an I-130, but we got approved for a K-1 visa so a I-130 should not have been needed, and we included a copy of the petition acceptance I-797 as well as a copy of the visa page in her passport. Did I miss something or am I correct that we do not need I-130? Also if I do resubmit it should I return the packet I got back that was filed before October 15th or fill out a new one since the forms have changed?

Edited by Bruce & Sarah

21 minutes ago, Bruce & Sarah said:

Did I miss something or am I correct that we do not need I-130?

You do not need I-130.  Did you tick the correct box for the reason to file I-485, which is from K-1? 

22 minutes ago, Bruce & Sarah said:

the petition acceptance I-797

What petition? The K-1? I would include a copy of the I-129f approval. 

22 minutes ago, Bruce & Sarah said:

Also if I do resubmit it should I return the packet I got back that was filed before October 15th or fill out a new one since the forms have changed?

Check the website and use the most current form on the website. 

3 minutes ago, Bruce & Sarah said:

Ah you are correct I did check the incorrect box thank you so much! This notice was confusing me so much it was my mistake, gah one checkbox ruins the whole thing.

Eh, not ruin, just a minor delay. In a grand scheme of anything immigration, a few weeks or few months don't mean much. Just fill in a new correct form and send it. You will be fine. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Eh, not ruin, just a minor delay. In a grand scheme of anything immigration, a few weeks or few months don't mean much. Just fill in a new correct form and send it. You will be fine. 

Yeah doing it now thanks for helping me find the mistake!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.